Etherial's Thoughts/Impressions on Your Stories! ✨

Wassup guys!

I’m always looking for new stories to read, so I thought I would start a review thread! I know there are TONS of these in the episode community, I just thought I’d give it a shot if anyone was wanting me to review their story. Any and all stories are welcome!

Current Estimated Waiting Time:
I’m sadly a slow person in general, so hopefully I can get you your review in a few days of asking! (this may change, as in reviews being a little bit before or after this estimated time, so please bare with me).

Here’s How my Current Process Works:
(may be altered as time goes on)

1. Once you’ve sent me your story details, I’ll add you to the waiting list above, showing that I’ve accepted your request :upside_down_face:
  2. When I start to read your story, I’ll like your reply so you then you’ll get the notification and have at least some kind of knowing of what the update is on your story (lol!)
  3. Your review will then be posted as a reply to your post and you will also be tagged as well as get the notification that I’ve replied!

What I Will Be Checking Out/Reviewing

• Cover & Description
  • Character + Plot Development
  • Directing
  • Backgrounds, Overlays, Music, etc.
  • Any other additional thoughts and ways to improve!

Please follow this form when wanting a review!

• Story + Author Name (most important!)
  • Story Genre
  • How Many Episodes
  • Summary/Description of Story
  • Style (LL, Ink, Classic)
  • Link to Story
  • Cover
  • (Optional) If you prefer it to be talked about in PM, that’s alright :yellow_heart:

Waiting List:
  • Deadly Trial by Hijiko
  • Thespian Theatrical by Karlon Artis
Completed Story Reviews:
7 Likes

I’d like to request a review :hugs:

• Story + Author Name: Clue: Without a Trace by Problematic_Patrick
  • Story Genre: Mystery
  • How Many Episodes: 3
  • Summary/Description of Story: One by one, your friends are going missing. Can you and your friends uncover who is behind it before you are next?
  • Style (LL, Ink, Classic): LL
  • Link to Story: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5141884242821120
Covers

2 Likes

Joke’s On You by The_Saminator
Comedy
4 episodes out as of now
Description: Stryker is a sophomore in college who also thinks he is a prankster. What happens when he meets his match? All is not fair in love and war.
INK

1 Like

Hi I’d love a review for my story :innocent:

LINK: https://www.episodeinteractive.com/s/i/6551964166455296

Story: Temperamental
Author: Sam & Renae
Genre: Romance/Drama
Style: INK
Episodes: 3
Description: Victoria Hartley will do whatever it takes to leave her past behind. What will she do when fate has other plans involving Jackson Kingsley.
Instagram: @renae.sam.epy

1 Like

@Problematic_Patrick - Clue: Without a Trace

Just to start off, WOW. It is obviously shown how much effort was put into this! I’d also like to say I read the first episode without even knowing it was you before I accepted your request, and forgot I had it in my favorites! I’m glad you requested, because I instantly fell in love with the story again.

Cover and Description:
COVER ART
The cover art really depicts where the story is going to take a turn, which is great. Also, the fading effect on the characters in the large cover is SO AMAZING.
DESCRIPTION

Personally, story descriptions really appeal to me when they are said in the second person, as in talking about YOU, so hats off to you! :cowboy_hat_face:

Episode 1:

• Adding the option on whether or not to see an intro like that was very smart on the authors part, so I liked that little added bit. For the actual intro, WOAHHH. just… woah man. You knocked my socks off :socks:

• The overlay for Michael’s name coming up appeared for a slight second before it should’ve, but I TOTALLY forgive you for that because the use of overlays in this is WAYYY crazy. But it’s not too much for liking, it adds a really cool affect to the story!

• When Andrea was introduced in the intro, there was a masked man in it and you could tell it was using spot, as in he randomly jumped onto the screen. Was that intensional or…? Normally I’m one to have them walk onto the screen to add that effect, but I wasn’t sure so I wanted to ask before making bold assumptions :upside_down_face:

• In the first scene with the principal, you first have the Principal say “Hello…” and then add the name which was very good and I personally like when stories add customizing the name into the storyline instead of just randomly adding it. But what I was getting to was right after it goes to the MC saying “Why…Why did you want to see me?” Idk if it’s just me who has the pet peeve of when there isn’t the use of the three dots (like…) AHHHHH idk I might just be a freak. (I definitely am).

• Right after the MC asks what happened to the girl that passed, the animation carries onto when the Principal talks, and I bet this is just one of my weird pet peeves again (it is) but idk it kinda takes away from the story for a second personally for me because it makes me cringe a little inside.

• I love how inclusive you are in this story, it’s great!!

• Having a group of 8 friends was also a really cool element added, normally it’s either 3 or 4 people in the group with Episode stories, so it was nice to have something different for once :wink: When the MC says “What do you want?” to Andrea the animation is an subtle_eyeroll, which isn’t a talking animation. AHH idk why I have these pet peeves it’s probably just me with my crazy brain my baddd. This happens when Katherine insults Andrea too, idk I think I’m just crazy lol

• Nice transition to change the MC’s look! Like I said with choosing the MC’s name, I kinda like when it’s worked into the story.

• When Mrs. Johnson states “I was in the middle of solving an example problem , when I called you.” the comma is in the middle like that, and I’m guessing that error was just made because of the text effect (it happens to the best of us, don’t worry about it lol!) so I thought it was just something to note.

• The tappables was very creative and new! I haven’t seen anyone do a tappable with a chalkboard yet, which was a new element of fun I didn’t expect.

• The long dialogue when the MC is talking to Kim about it being her fault for getting detention (I clicked the wrong tappable, hahah!) the only animation shown that she was talking at that time was a subtle_eyeroll, which threw me off because yeah maybe if it was a few words you could get away with it but it being a longer dialogue I was a little thrown off, but again I am weird about this stuff lol. I just wanted to add I’ve seen this a few times, so just look out for that.

• Ahh wow the “Your time will come” overlay thingy surprised me, because I saw the guy walking out there but I didn’t expect that my dude!

• When Michael asks “What if that was part of our squad?” and it goes to the MC’s dialouge, the 2 talking animations clash at the same time, and there comes my annoying pet
    peeve again (sorry lol)

• When part of the gang is hanging out around the table, the point up animation is still in action and is covering Kierri’s face for a few lines, idk it was a little distracting at that time.

• The bathroom scene where the MC is talking about this stuff… it was hard to tell if she’s actually talking out loud (like it shows because there are no animations attached) or if they were thoughts she was having, because then the intruder comes in so I was just a little confused is all :upside_down_face:

• WOW ok the overlays and just all of the scene in the bathroom after that is AMAZING. Your work with overlays is SOOO GOOOOOD.

• The little mini games are also INCREDIBLE!! I could NEVER. (also idk why but I just really sucked at the mini game with the flashlights ahaha but I just suck at Episode in general, so don’t take offense :sob:)

• When the MC says “No I’m fine, thank you.” when she finally gets out, both Kierri and Storm are talking at the same time, ahh idk it just throws me off and takes a little bit away from the story is all.

• The zoom on Jake isn’t centered (yeah I know he’s in between the MC and Storm but it was just a little weird where the zoom was off when talking about him).

• The picture back at the MC’s room is SO COOL, as well as the flyer for Andrea missing!

• Let me just add, the length of your episodes are SUPERR long! (And I don’t mean that as a bad thing lol it’s super cool!)

Episode 2:

• During the MC’s talk with the principle, a few times there were dialogue but not anyone with animations speaking again. Sorry I keep bringing this up idk I just thought it was important to note!

• The changing of POV’s is really cool too! I like the splashes and overlays used for it too!

• The scene with the MC, Katherine and Kim has a weird bell music, and at first it’s nice and all, but it’s almost the same thing for a while, and it gets quite repetitive.

• I like the turn that it took because readers thought it would be an easy way out to have Kim do it, but then she makes us do it for at least the first time :astonished:

• For a couple of lines at the police office, the animation that the police officer does with his hands out just stays like that while the MC is talking, which was kinda weird and took away from the scene a tiny bit.

• I think your character was named Talia, as when it goes back to the principal scene from Episode 1, it says the name Talia, so you might need to change that back to [YOU] or whatever
    code you chose :upside_down_face:

• Hahah I really liked the choices you have to push towards either Storm or Katherine, it’s a nice added romance to the story, but not overbearing like other stories and still keeps to the Mystery genre.

Episode 3:

• I’ve just got to add, the outfit for Kierri in Ep. 3 is TO. DIE. FOR.

• Because there’s the topic in this episode of Andrea being crucified, I would probably put a disclaimer in this specific episode at the beginning stating that there will be some touchy, gruesome topics discussed in this episode.

• When the MC and Michael walk to the door in the abandoned warehouse, why does the MC have like the runway-ish walk? Just curious lol

• The pictures of everyone was a great element added! Also very creepy font if I might add…

• After Tyler, Kierri and Kim find all the info in the principal’s office, normally it shows when it changes POV’s, but this time it didn’t. Was there a specific reason for why? I get it if it was too much to do the overlay’s with changing POV’s again, that seems EXTREMELY hard.

• Lastly, I love the cliff hanger you left it on! Definitely have me waiting for more, and surely to come back!

Backgrounds, Overlays, Music, etc:

• First off, wowie :astonished: The overlays you had for showing warnings and music were very creative and well done!
  • Ahaha when the principal says she’s a prime suspect I wanted to cry out laughing (don’t worry I’m not monomaniacal) with the choice of sound, it went so well I just wasn’t expecting it!! :sob:
  • The music wasn’t overbearing and the backgrounds were all very well picked! The thing that just really amazed me was the use of overlays… it’s so hard to compete with. I feel that that’s what give this story such a great edge!
  • I don’t really have much to say in this category, other than keep up the great work really!

Overall Summary:

Overall, I’m super interested in this story! This definitely feels like it’s heading in a very unique direction and I feel like it’s going to be different than a lot of the standard episode stories out there, even extremely different from the Mystery stories out in the Episode community too! So, I’ll definitely be looking to more episodes (hoping there are more ofc). You’ve also got a knack for directing as well as OVERLAYS and I’m quite jealous :smirk:

1 Like

Thank you SO much for this! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I can get pretty picky about tiny details like this as well so this REALLY helps. I’m bookmarking this so I can fix all this stuff once the contest is over :grin: Thank you again! :smiley:

1 Like

Of course!! Good luck as well in the contest! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

@The_Saminator - Jokes On You

Cover and Description:
COVER ART
The front cover is beautiful! I love the layout of it, as well as the cursive font of the title. The smaller cover is alright, but I’m glad you made the other cover the front, as it is more appealing to audiences!
DESCRIPTION

This is a cool description you have here! The only think I think that would alter it to maybe call in more readers is maybe stating instead of “All is not fair in love and war.” Maybe since the original statement is all is fair in love and war, be like All is NOT fair in love and war, just to show the difference in the saying. (Hopefully that makes at least a little bit of sense :upside_down_face:)

Episode 1:

• It’s cool that there’s a male MC, as this doesn’t occur often, so it makes your story more unique!

• I like the intro! I thought it was taking a mysterious turn with a masked kidnapper maybe… but then it was just Stryker :sweat_smile:

• The splash at the beginning was also super cool! Most splashes don’t include the characters from the story, so it was cool.

• I tried to fight my urge to not floss throughout your story, but I cannot confirm nor deny if I was successful or not.

• The music changes at least 3 or 4 different times in the first few scenes, so just know that excessive use of music can take a little bit away from the story, but I like the specific choices of music you chose for those specific scenes!

• Hahah I enjoyed the “Stryker strikes again.” with the pose :upside_down_face:

• Wow, Zayla’s got a lot of suitcases for college, geesh (wish I was the same hah)

• It says “I’ll text you when I arrive.6”… not sure what error that is but I wasn’t sure what you were trying to state lol!

• I like the effect of Jacob and Stryker peeking their heads up in the car, adds an extra element of comedy!

• The food overlays were cool! I think it might be a little pet peeve of mine, but because the cupcake Jacob was eating was an Episode animated one and the food was actually real-looking, idk it threw me off for a second. But I wouldn’t worry about that too much.

Episode 2:

• Maybe instead of going straight in from Episode 1 to Episode 2, show a little bit of before. Such as showing that there was only one seat left in the class, and it was next to Stryker. Because sometimes readers don’t get time to read episodes in a row, so coming back to Zayla said “Have no fear.” might’ve been a little confusing.

• I thought it was cute that Zayla helped out Walter to find out if Henry was gay, that was a nice touch from the Author :wink:

• When Zayla and Henry agree to go out and chat about Walter, the fade out transition was a little weird.

Episode 3:

• Did you mean keep one eye open at all times? Because we normally have 2 eyes open unless we’re sleeping, so it just says keep one eye open, Zayla :sweat_smile:

• When talking with Zayla and Sophie, quite a few of the animations overlap and show them speaking at the same time… this is a pet peeve of mine so idk I notice it a lot lol!

• Is there a reason why Stryker always wears a beanie? Hahah I was just curious.

• Is it just me or did I just realize Zayla wears that blue shirt and jeans combo all the time? It might be a good idea to maybe switch it up every once in a while.

Episode 4:

• I like how you left it a cliff hanger on who was in her room. I personally thought it was Stryker trying to prank her again, so it was a pleasant surprise to see Richard :upside_down_face:

• The food overlay was added a little weird, so you might want to alter the spotting and layering of it.

• When Jacob says “Now I am canceling.” You accidentally spelled cancelling wrong :sweat_smile: (it happens to the best of us).

• I like the added effect of gaining or losing points based on what we wear, that’s normally not the case so it was cool when the tables turned.

• The mushroom overlay should be moved back a layer or 2, as when Stryker and Tyler move by, only the mushroom overlay is in front lol.

• It was weird when the characters were eating completely different foods from what they ordered, which only sat in front of them. I get that it’s hard to show them eating that, but maybe that would be something to fix if possible for you?

• The fade in transition when Zayla enters her room again from running from the restaurant, it fades in weird again.

Overall Summary:
Well, overall I thoroughly enjoyed it. Throughout the story, I’ve loved your use of animation, so hats off to that! :cowboy_hat_face: I also love how more and more episode stories are becoming more inclusive of the LGBTQ+ community, so that’s great that you are a part of that community showing support!I would just note that having music in EVERY SINGLE SCENE isn’t a necessity. It sometimes can take away from the story, so I wanted to add that in. With stating that, I did really like it and look forward to reading more!

1 Like

Hi ! I’d like a review :purple_heart:
Story Name: Deadly Trial
Author name: Hijiko
Story Genre: Thriller (on the app)
How Many Episodes: 3 so far
Description of Story: Kate wakes up in a nightmarish place. Little did she know she was not alone… A Deadly Trial awaits her and the six other suspects. Who’s guilty?
Style: Limelight
Link to Story: https://www.episodeinteractive.com/s/i/4694179110518784
Covers:

Summary

I REALLY appreciate you taking the time out to do this. I had no idea honestly about the glitches. I did take your suggestion on the description and changed that. I fixed the transition issues as well as the grammar issues you suggested.

You are one of two readers who actually caught the flossing part so it definitely made my day. I’m honestly lazy when it comes to outfits so, I’ll stop and add more choices.

There is a reason for the beanie but it has not been said yet. I know the food looks so odd but I got two choices for food. Eating pizza and cupcakes gets boring so I guess I’m trying to let the readers pretend more? Lol
Jacob doesn’t actually say “canceling” but “I am going to cancel now”, which I believe is spelled right but I do appreciate you paying attention to detail.

I checked the mushroom overlay on screen, in app and my script and all should be fixed.

Again, thank you so much for this review. It is people like you that helps us get better in general with writing and directing. :heart:

1 Like

Aww, of course!! :yellow_heart: It’s always so great hearing that I helped at least a little bit :sparkles:

Hahah I just thought this was really funny and thought I would add it in there to let you know that I appreciated it as well :upside_down_face:

Aren’t we all, really? Lol yeah I get that, it just can add some diversity in the story and even if it’s not as appreciated as it is, I think at least a few people (including me) will enjoy it going on.

:astonished: I’ll be on the lookout for that in the next few episodes :smirk:

Omg that’s SO sweet of you to say! I sincerely appreciate any and all kind words :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Story + Author name: Thespian Theatrical by Karlon Artis
Story Genre: Romance
How Many Episodes: 6 (ongoing)
Summary/Description of Story: Estefania Hermoso loves theatre and has a passion for it. But what happens when a girl she likes doesn’t have the same passion as her?
Link to Story: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5772043488395264
Cover:

1 Like

@sam.c - Temperamental

Cover Art and Description:
COVER ART
I love how simplistic and aesthetically pleasing your covers are. It’s an easy appeal to readers!
DESCRIPTION

When first reading this, I was a little confused because in the app it says Jackson Reynolds but in this it says Jackson Kingsley, so at first I was a little confused before reading it because in the story it states it as Jackson Reynolds.

Episode 1:

• I liked the intro! It gives a little bit of insight in what the story is going to entail.

• I also enjoyed the stareoff with William and Victoria lol!

• The overlays used to choose outfits were a nice touch to add too :upside_down_face:

• When all of them are talking at the cafe, Tori says “I’m a big girl, I can handle it,” Leaving it seeming like Tori’s going to continue, but it goes to Mia talking. Just something to check out.

• The zoom you have on Tori and then on the cigarette is weird, it goes kind of to her boobs and then weirdly to her mouth before showing her dropping the cigarette, so I was just going to say that making the zoom clear on what you’re planning on pointing out would be great :relaxed:

Episode 2:

• WOAHH. When I first saw the bruising overlay for Colin’s face I actually believed it was a part of episode. Well done on your part! (I might need to borrow that overlay in the future :sweat_smile:)

• When you state “20 minuets later” I think you mean’t minutes ;D (it’s alright, these errors happen to the best of us)

• When Tori leaves school in the car with Benjamin, her head/hair is peaking out of the car slightly. I just barely noticed it!

• I noticed at the beginning of Episode 1 you let the readers choose what hair style Tori had, and then I believe you changed it to a high ponytail for gym class. But then it doesn’t stick with the outfit when you later put it back on. You could easily fix this if this bothers other readers with the if/elif/else :upside_down_face:

• When Tori is talking to River on the phone, she says “Sounds, good. See you…” I think you mean’t to place the comma after good instead of sounds lol!

• When Aisha, Gwen and Hiroto are talking about dancing, Aisha and Gwen’s animations clash and look like they’re talking at the same time. Idk it kinda bothers me sometimes but I am a weirdo so… :woman_shrugging:

• When Gwen and Aisha go to dance, Aisha has the walking animation but Gwen doesn’t so because you used spot directing to one place or another, she just slides over.

• The light effects were very snazzy in the club!

• Since the kids are underage, it might add to the story saying how they were able to get drink at a young age OR (if you don’t wanna change that, which I totally get) adding a splash or a disclaimer stating that “underage drinking takes place in this story, please don’t be influenced by the character’s actions in this story” or something along the lines like that. This could also go for the smoking scene as well.

• Wow what a way to end an episode! I like that, as it leaves people wanting more.

Episode 3:

• Since it changes to Jackson’s POV, it would be nice if you somehow adknowledged that, as it just shows that we’re at Jackson’s house, not that we are starting to play as him.

• I liked the transitions/flashes you had between people in detention, it added a cool, un-needed but fancy effect :relaxed:

• When Jackson rises from the chair to leave detention with Tori, he rises up but is significantly shorter than normal.

• When pulling up and letting Jackson switch places to drive, both Jackson and Tori are supposed to follow the car overlay, but they are a little delayed.

• I loved the dressing up bit! That was very creative and added a an element of fun :slight_smile:

Overall Summary:
Overall… I kind of have mixed feelings about your story. There are a few things you could probably do differently. There were a few simple directing errors but then there were also some really cool elements and fun dialogue in your story as well! I believe you are building a great foundation for stories of yours to come, as for your first story it was very good! :sparkles:

1 Like

Wow thank you, you’re probably the first person to notice this (even I didn’t :sweat_smile:) but yeah just to clear it up his last name is Reynolds! It was Kingsley before but overtime I changed it I had the story description saved in my notes and that’s what I used to paste on threads, my bad :woman_facepalming:

It’s actually not an overlay :joy: It’s an episode face shape. I just changed colin’s face shape to Cade Bruised

Cade Bruised

And yea I know :sob: I left her hair in a pony tail on purpose cause I realized if I tried to change it back to the hair style the readers picked in episode 1 the if/elif/else would be hard cause there’s about more than 3 different hair style choices the readers could have picked in episode 1 :sweat_smile: I’m not entirely sure how to do that.

But thank you so much for the review :heart: You were able to spot things I didn’t and I will definitely be going over and making those fixes :innocent: I really appreciate it !

1 Like

Of course!! :yellow_heart: And I’m more of a limelight creator, so that’s probably why I didn’t know it wasn’t an overlay :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Title: Your Woman
Author: wesley
Story Genre: Romance
Description: Her eyes are always in books or her studies; never caught by someone else. After being told to tutor Hazel, a stubborn hot-head, she finds something more intriguing.
Number of chapters: 4
Style: LL
Covers:

Link :http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6542556174811136

Thank you for this thread and please be as honest and blunt as you want! Feel free to take your time :))

Hi , this is our story: Between Worlds. Thank you once again for making this thread and I hope you enjoy reading our story!

Title: Between Worlds
Author: TheBaddestBois
Story Genre: Fantasy
Episodes: 5
Synopsis: You’ve been playing the popular, pretty, good-doer while hiding your obsession with the afterlife. He’s not quite from the living realm; a lost person falling deeper into despair. Will you catch him? Or will you fall with him?
Features: Special Art Scenes, Full MC customization, LL , custom overlays and backgrounds
Style: LL
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5976966935674880
Cover:
cover
cover.png2667×3683 1.35 MB

Instagram: @thebaddestbois (We post Art!)
Thank you uwu

Thank you so much for helping me out :blush:

Story title: Teacher or Queen?
Author: Mystique
Genre: drama
Episodes: 25 (the story is completed)
Description: Queen Darja spent 20 years searching for her long lost family. Is it in her destiny to suffer without her love and her child? Who will she become while fighting for her loved ones?
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5874052041146368