Ethnicities Help

So not sure if I put this in the right place but I’m writing a story and I want to include different cultures and stuff, and was wondering like, what this person could be, sorry if this is phrased really weirdly, I just don’t know how to phrase it well.

Anyways I have this one character that I want to know what culture she might be in…
Ok, which cultures wear like turbans and head wraps and stuff?
This is what she looks like: Again, sorry it’s phrased so weird.
She lives in America, but yeah ok…sorry. If you have questions you can ask :sweat_smile:

You didn’t decide to give her a cultural background before you made her? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

…I was realizing that maybe it would’ve been easier…

1 Like

There’s a lot of cultures that wear turbans and head wraps. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Your question isn’t a great one. What culture wears turbans? It depends on the type of headwear. Loads of African cultures do, but if you’re talking about turbans? That’s mainly Asia – the Indian subcontinent, Persia, historically-speaking turkey, etc.

4 Likes

…oops?

Yeah.

1 Like

But your character doesn’t look like she’s from Asia.

2 Likes

Sorry :disappointed:

There’s no need to apologise, but next time I suggest coming up with a culture before you make and dress the character. It’ll save you a lot of aggro and it will seem like you care about the representation you’re putting in your story. Then you can do a quick Google search and find all the info you need.

At the moment, it does seem a little bit lazy

3 Likes

Yeah…I guess so…

It’s a lot easier to say “I want this character to be Moroccan so I’m gonna look up the culture” than “I’m going to dress a character how I want and then find a culture to suit”

4 Likes

If you need a character, here’s one. She’s half Sri Lankan and Half Kenyan. Give her any names as you please and dress her how you want. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Do you want credit or something?

1 Like

Yeah. Just EpisodeShadow on the forums would be nice.

1 Like

Kk thanks

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is related to Episode characters. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.