Ever got bored of Customizations?

Have you ever got bored of CCing the main characters? :thinking:
I used to be one of these ’ must - CC ’ readers, but I’m starting to realize that it doesn’t really matter to me anymore.
What matters is the story that the author is telling. :blush:
I prefer semi-CC right now, so I can make my characters more likeable to my eyes, but not full CC.
Depends on my mood and the plot as well. :sweat_smile:

20 Likes

I used to like cc, but I’ve grown to hate it. I prefer to play as a character that the author has created, not myself. I get annoyed if I have to cc everyone (such as the MC’s parents and friends), but understand that some people like it.

10 Likes

Depends. Sometimes I feel like CC, sometimes I don’t. I get super bored if I have to CC the MC, her family, her friends, the billion LIs and their families etc.

13 Likes

I was in the start very happy about cc but now I dont really care about it

4 Likes

I used to like it but now I just don’t care. Especially when you have to do it for their friends and family members too. Also, I like playing as the character the author visioned them to be.

4 Likes

Me too!

1 Like

Same. I used to exclusively read full-customization “YOU” stories, but I’d much rather read stories where you can just slightly alter the existing main character now. I feel like you can better connect to the story/character if you aren’t playing as yourself, if that makes sense.

1 Like

I can read any genre without CC, except stories with a lot of romance elements. Romantic scenes are a chore for me read if I can’t connect with the characters. It makes me wish there was a fast forward button somewhere, because that’s what I do when I’m watching a movie and it gets slowed down by a makeout session or whatever. Changing the characters’ appearance goes a long way towards making those scenes enjoyable to read. So I guess that makes me the opposite of some of you.

1 Like

Even at the beginning, I would do CC if I didn’t like the original features at all.
Now, I just do the minimum and if I like most of the features, I do nothing at all…

2 Likes

Yeahh, as an author, I used the auto-family CC system and I’ve been told, “Hey, that’s not the dad I wanna have.” So we’re pretty much forced to do all of these CC’s.
But I always create an option to play with the default characters, which skip all of the customization process.

3 Likes

Also when it’s LL as every feature looks the same to me, I don’t do it at all…

Never read one of yours but you’re awesome :star_struck:

1 Like

Aw. Thanks. :heart:

By the way, this is NOT a ranting post, It’s about sharing your opinon.
I just wanted to see if any other people are in the same state as I am. :blush:

When i do do CC, I prefer to customize the parents because it bothers the heck out of me when i make an asian or biracial character and the parents dont match lmao. Sorry for making you do extra work haha

Noo, it’s understandable, people that want to CC should be able to CC their family, as @LillyR said previously, when being a reader that plays with the default characters, It’s annoying to have to see all of those CC options, when you need none of them. :blush:

3 Likes

Omg same!! XD well, except I generally don’t care anymore

1 Like

I’m the opposite :rofl:

I used to not like CC, but now I’m okay with it. I prefer it, TBH, I actually get a little bit disappointed when I find a story I like and the characters look generic AF with extreme tanned skin and light brown hair.

I always put full CC in my stories. That’s kinda because I’m following a formula-- I mean- forget about it… I’m almost always impressed when authors put CC, because it means sacrifice to limb overlays, unless you’re one of those crazy people who codes all the skin colors to match the limb… those people have to most pure heart.

4 Likes

If the story wants you to CC everyone in the main cast including the cat, yes it gets tiring.

So far, I’m ambivalent, either/or about full CC, mainly because I always make a MC look different from one another

1 Like

I personally don’t like it, I wanna get to know the character the author has created, I feel like CC kinda ruins it.

2 Likes