Everything about my MC & LI

You should probably get Xolio checked by @Malannee at: Need help with Italian (:it:) characters? Come here! - Community / Episode Fan Community - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com) since I can’t tell if his skin tone should be lighter or not for an Italian. Obviously his skin tone may be darker depending on his parents race/ethnicity (:

6 Likes

Thank you, but what if I want to keep his skin tone will it be a problem I added cc as well!

It depends. You may get backlash from readers for wrong representation of an Italian character but I wouldn’t know since I always change my characters to represent them correctly so it depends if you are willing to fight/argue with readers about the appearance of a character (:

Also, even if you add cc…the default of the character should still be representing the Italian race/ethnicity correctly (:

2 Likes

I don’t want that ofc but I already got a cover!

Yes!

I agree. Though I’m not sure if specifying if he’s from Sicily (as the north of Italy tends to have lighter people) may clarify his darker skin tone. That’s kind of the problem with writing Italian characters because many don’t really know what’s the correct representation due to the lack of it in many popular stories :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yeah but would you rather have a cover ready that is potentially wrongly representing a race/ethnicity or redo the cover with undoubtably correct representation? (:

@MiyakoMiyu, Need help with Italian (:it:) characters? Come here! - Community / Episode Fan Community - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com) (:

1 Like

Thank you! I’ve read that thread before but thank you for refreshing my memory :relaxed::purple_heart: I’ve never really written an Italian character before, so I can’t speak on behalf of those who do, but whenever thinking about writing a specific character with the correct representation, research is always important :purple_heart:

1 Like

I don’t think they have time to redo the cover :slightly_smiling_face:

Who are you talking about? (:

Blue_lover

Personally, Idk who that is. Did they draw/edit you a cover? (:

1 Like

They’re talking about their artist. “I don’t think they have time to redo the cover.”

1 Like

But can I try this saying he’s not Italian but can speak their language?

Draw edit for free!

Yes they can speak the language without actually being Italian (:

2 Likes

I might go with that!

1 Like

Okay, happy I could help (:

1 Like

I think it heavily depends on what you want his parents ethnicities to be.

@Lady_Cannella do you have an opinion on this?

4 Likes

Yes, he can be even an immigrant whose parents moved to Italy during their pregnancy with him causing him to grow up with an Italian name and learn the language. However, he’s not Italian by blood. That’s an alternative.

1 Like

Yes!

2 Likes