Everything about my MC & LI

Yes!

2 Likes

Love this idea :two_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks for the tag!

@NeahM as other people in this thread already said, Xolio isnā€™t an Italian name, nor have I personally ever heard it in Italy. And if heā€™s supposed to be born in Italy from an Italian family, then Xolio is really not the right name.

In Italy, Neutral 04 is considered a rather dark skin tone on a ā€˜native Italianā€™ (whatever that means, but I think you get the concept), so his family could be from the south or Sardinia, where people tend to be dark skinned, while pale people also exist in those areas! However, itā€™s worth noting that people with dark skin and dark hair (especially if black) in Italy tend to have dark eyes as well. Of course, black haired & blue eyed people exist, but if the complexion is so dark itā€™d be hard to see.

I donā€™t see why not! I personally donā€™t know why someone whoā€™s not Italian (or has no Italian heritage) would want to learn our language, but itā€™s doable.

4 Likes

Thank you :two_hearts:

1 Like

Np! (and letā€™s see what Cannella has to say/add :hugs:)

2 Likes

Hello there, well Iā€™m Italian and Iā€™d say that if you want a specific skin tone you should define which time of the year is it and from which part of Italy does he come from.

Why?

Generally speaking, people from the south tend to have a darker skin tone with dark eyes and hair
Obviously this is generalised, since Iā€™ve a friend that comes from Naples but has very light skin, blue eyes and blond hair (so this is just how generally people look)
The time of the year, this might sound stupid but we get tanned easily (in most cases) during the summer so itā€™s not that hard to find even Italians from the north very tanned, even if the people from the south have a darker tan

So, itā€™s obviously rarer to find a guy from the south (probably youā€™re gonna say heā€™s from there) with dark hair and skin but light blue eyes.
About the skin tone, if itā€™s summer itā€™s possible but I think a neutral 03 would look even better.

If weā€™re talking about Italian regions, just be original, it doesnā€™t exist just ā€œSicilyā€ there are many more beautiful regions in which people tend to have darker skin tones, obviously if youā€™re gonna add some dialect, beware of using the correct one.
Sardinia, Campania, Puglia, Basilicata, Calabria,ā€¦
(These are the southerner regions)
If youā€™re looking for the north Iā€™ll tell you more since Iā€™m from there

4 Likes

We wrote the same things :joy::joy:

And youā€™re right! I didnā€™t even look at the name but Italian names tend to be rather traditional.

And we have a beautiful language :relieved:
Just look at Mika, he learned it just to host X-Factor here :joy::joy:

2 Likes

So I can still say they are Italian?
Thank you so much :sparkling_heart:

1 Like

I wonā€™t be able to use that name Xolio if heā€™s Italian?

1 Like

@NeahM, if heā€™s a native Italian then no Xolio probably wonā€™t work as his name (:

& again, it depends if your willing to listen to @/Malannee & @/Lady_Cannella 's advice on how to represent your character correctly (:

2 Likes

Youā€™re welcome, obviously you can say he can just speak Italian, I can speak French but Iā€™ve got nothing to do with France (concerning my name, surname or whatever)
But if you want him to be Italian, you should really choose another name, Iā€™ve never heard it and the X is not a common letter that you find in traditional names :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Cries in forever ghost-complexion :skull::v:t2:
But I swear sheā€™s right, Iā€™m just the minority here sighh

Lmfao, thatā€™s oke bebe

Che tesorino. Anyways, yes there might be several different reasons why someone might want to learn a language. So just get creative if thatā€™s what you want~

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

Your welcome (:

1 Like

Well I will say that he can speak Italian and not and Italian tho!
Yall know in which country people are name Xolio?
Btw I can speak French too!

1 Like

Iā€™m gonna keep speaking English to be fair, but which region are you from? :ok_hand:

Feel ya, about the light skin, it takes me the full summer vacation to be tanned :see_no_evil: luckily it doesnā€™t go away in like a week after summer ends

1 Like

I have no idea honestly, Iā€™ve never heard of such a name, where did you find it?

1 Like

By myself, Iā€™ve never heard of this name aswell!

VoilĆ , Iā€™ll translate for you what this does mean.
Xolo is used just for the 7% as a name and it has been found just 4 times in 2 countries: Mexico and USA
The other information are about Xolo as a surname

1 Like

Ohh the name is Xolio

Thank you!

1 Like