Eve's reviews! Only honest ones [CLOSED] šŸ˜ˆ

Eveā€™s reviews!

Do you think your story is worth reading?
Or maybe you are not sure about publishing it and you need someone who will honestly tell you every little detail about your story?

If yes, just leave me all details here, and I will write an honest review.

All you need to do is leave a comment here in

this form

Title:
Episode Author:
Genre:
Style:
Link:
Description:
Cover:
Episodes:
Where should I leave a review? Here or DM.
(If someone wonā€™t let me know where it should be sent, Iā€™m going leave it here!)

BUT before you do it you should read it:

Rules
  1. Donā€™t add a story if the first episode is made only for CC - I wonā€™t keep reading it.
  2. Donā€™t tell me how many episodes should I read, it all depends on the first episode!
  3. Donā€™t add a story if you are not able to take an honest opinion of someone. I will tell you honestly what I think!
  4. I just leave you a review, Iā€™m not a proofreader.
  5. Fill the form - if not, I wonā€™t review this story.
  6. If you post an unpublished story, at least, one episode has to be done.
  7. Donā€™t add your story if you care only about reads. Visit my R4R Thread

So far, I did a lot of reviews in groups in this forum. The most important, for me, is a plot and direction. So, I will focus on it! I donā€™t mind if there is no CC, or how many choices are in your story. It wonā€™t affect my judgment.

What do I hate in stories...
  1. Not spotting bubbles!
  2. When the author shows herself in all episodes!
  3. The boring conversation about ā€œweatherā€!
  4. Too much of shitty arts.
  5. Sweet talk between lovers (by this, I mean when characters are vomitting rainbow every time they open their mouth.)

For the most impatient authors, here is a list (also, I will try to read one story a day, but no promises!):

List
  1. Retrace by @line123462 DONE
  2. Bad Behavior by @LiyahxWrites DONE
  3. Thespian Theatrical by @kahotshot DONE
  4. Tied Together by @molly247 DONE
  5. Mystery on Hanging Hill Lane by @Marshmallow_O DONE
  6. The Bar on 23rd by @Dr.Smile07 DONE
  7. Jungle Havoc by @DeLilo and @appleqrl DONE
  8. Rich Girls Cry Too by @avajosefine DONE
  9. Outcast by @LovelyLoren DONE
  10. Queen by @STEFFI01 - I cannot open the story - it keeps throwing me away ???
  11. The Enforcer by @MidnightMira DONE
  12. A dangerous game by @shanen DONE
  13. You & Me by @BlueSnowflake09 DONE
  14. Hale Huna by @AnonymousAuthor1 DONE
  15. I Know You by @lazy_p0tat0 DONE
  16. Dark Attractions by @SookieEpisode DONE
  17. One Day by @elliewrites.episode DONE
  18. Be Careful What You Wish For by @LunaMarieRose DONE
  19. New Life Abroad by @epi_alifah DONE
  20. Delinquent by @Josca DONE
  21. The Star Necklace by @Maya6 DONE
  22. Exodus V by @Pentorama DONE
  23. The Princess of Fiore by @inkkee DONE
  24. Inner Circle by @zapcV DONE
  25. Night With You by @JennyJ DONE
  26. Confessions of a female Jock by @CosmicIvy DONE
  27. Figures by @writeslondon DONE
  28. Blurred Lines by @elliewrites.episode DONE
  29. Take my heart by @jiya.episode DONE
  30. To The Stars & Further by @Fatima.s DONE
  31. The Cold by @rogueallmighty DONE
  32. Indomitable Vampire by @epi.Blue DONE
  33. Crescendo by @AuroraS14 DONE
  34. Red Rose by @red_rose_official DONE
  35. Lacuna by @dianadee DONE
  36. Living like a star by @SamBoo DONE
  37. Black hearts golden desires by @Madhu DONE
  38. Dark Secrets by @doctorwho910 DONE
  39. Compulsion by @Aims1141 DONE
  40. Dark Essence by @TLdax913 DONE
  41. Adventurous: Uniformed Saviour by @mollie.stories
  42. Strength by @csr
  43. Becoming Bad by @Writer_Wiles
  44. Secrets from Hell by @Nessya
  45. The Royal Princess by @mollie.stories
  46. Love: Mission (im)possible by @Nadi_Episode
  47. The Miller Family by @kriglesias
  48. Unrequited by @fluffyrice

Letā€™s fun begin! :smiling_imp:

Wanna know more about me?
Instagram: eve.episode1

EDIT

So far, I've seen everyone keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. Most of them are really basic...
  1. Background characters. There is a lot of places which should be crowded. The scene will look better and more dynamic with them.
  2. Layers. It is really important to add them during hugging or slapping. Let look it more natural.
  3. Comment enter/exit. Decide are you using spots or using these two comments. When a character is entering a spot or exiting from a spot - it will ALWAYS change her high. It looks so unnatural.
  4. Adding talk animation. The episode gave us a lot of loop animations for talking - use them when there is more than one line, or before every line - use an animation.
  5. Bubbles - spot all of them!
  6. Narratorā€™s bubbles during zooming - spot them in the place where it wonā€™t end up on the face.
  7. Never let characters pop up on the scene - there is nothing wrong in writing all characters in the one line by adding AND between them.

Tips, tricks & discussions thread to let you improve your story!

The Hidden Gems!
I decided to add here stories I recommend for you all! All of them are written well. So, if you are looking for nice stories to read, check them. Iā€™m sure no one will regret it! :blush:

Mystery on Hanging Hill Lame

by @Marshmallow_O

Deliquent

by @Josca

Confessions if a Female Jock

by @CosmicIvy

Blurred Lines

by @elliewrites.episode

Dark Essence

By @TLdax913

SUPPORT ME :heart:
I was working pretty hard to publish my story.
I focused on all the details to make it as good as I can.
Hope, you will enjoy it!

It is not a MUST to read it, because it is not R4R threat, just give me some support!

The small cover made by talented @fcukforcookies

Title Scars
Author inxmyxeyes
Genre Action
Style LL
Link CLICK HERE
Description The past created who Eve is right now. Life never goes easy on her. Thatā€™s why she became so ruthless to everyone sheā€™s ever met.
Episode 3 (more coming soonā€¦)

15 Likes

I love reviews.and to hear what I can do better in future episodes

Name: Retrace
Genre: Mystery. is where I placed it. but honestly, I have no idea. maybe drama
Gender?. well the mc is female
style: ink
episodes :3 for now
link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6425193401417728
description: mcā€™s mom has been shot and is in a coma. follow her as she tries to contact her dad. while listening to the story of how her parents meet. he was the son of a mafia boss and her an undercover cop. it is two stories in one

sfsf

1 Like

Title: Bad Behavior
Author: Liyah
Genre: Drama
Episodes: 4 (more to come)
Summary: follow alana and her best friends on this crazy journey while they try to find their goal path and avoid bad behavior.
Style: Limelight
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5778189056540672
Cover:

Instagram: Liyah.Episode
you either PM or do it on here. it doesnā€™t matter to me.

1 Like

@line123462 I meant GENRE! :sweat_smile::joy: I donā€™t really care about the gender of MC.

1 Like

Title: Thespian Theatrical
Episode Author: Karlon Artis
Genre: Romance
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5772043488395264
Description: Estefania Hermoso loves theatre and has a passion for it. But what happens when a girl she likes doesnā€™t have the same passion as her?
Cover:

Episodes: 3 (ongoing)
Where should I leave a review? Here or DM.: DM

2 Likes

Title: Tied Together
Episode Author: Molly
Style: Ink
Link: https://www.episodeinteractive.com/s/6621286120685568
Description: Sydney has it all but what happens when her mafia life takes it all away?
Cover: I donā€™t have one right now
Episodes: 6
Where should I leave a review? Here or DM: DM

1 Like

@line123462
As long as you didnā€™t tell me where should I leave a review, I decided to write here.

Review

The first impression

The title, cover, and description are really important for stories. Your title is good, for my taste. It makes me think there will be a lot of action. But, I canā€™t tell the same about cover and description. The cover is just ok. Also, I donā€™t like when the same cover is used twice. The description confused me. It sounds a bit like a father and a daughter will fall in love. Weird, right?

Direction

Not bad. You did a lot of a good job.

All bubble tails were placed correctly, but sometimes bubbles were too high, and cover faces. A bit annoying.

Overlays! They always make the story look better. Most of them were used correctly, but the scene of the shooting. When MC enters the house the blood overlay showed up in zone 1, and then disappear to the correct place. Also, water overlay doesnā€™t look good with a bathtub. In my opinion, it will look better if ā€˜date overlayā€™ will be used in the corner instead of the middle.

Good job with spoting characters! But donā€™t make them talk when they are moving from spot to spot. They look like sliding, not natural at all. Then, remember to slow them down, it happened they were walking too fast, or sometimes they were too small.

Dialogues. Smooth and nice to read. Iā€™m not a native speaker, so it is not my place to correct your grammar. But there was one thing which was annoying me - you donā€™t use big letters after a dot.

Plot

There is potential. I like you mixed the present time with the past. And thank that you let the reader discover the past with the MC. Butā€¦ The mafia thing is confusing me. Dan is not a typical mafia son. He seems even too emotional for this. And it didnā€™t let me like him at all. Putting mafia in the story is a really controversial thing for me. From a long time Iā€™m interested in this kind of things and writing about them is a really hard job to do. I recommend you to read or watch documentary movies about them before putting more details. Also, how it is even possible to find so many personal information in Google about mafia by a normal girl. After all, the plot is likable and really interesting for me, and Iā€™m sure other readers can agree with me.

You are right it doesnā€™t look like a mystery story at all. Better change the genre.

2 Likes

omg this is so nice of you to do! iā€™d love a review! thank you so much! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Title: Mystery on Hanging Hill Lane
Author: Marshmallow O.
Genre: Mystery, Romance, Comedy
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6250660385652736
Summary: Itā€™s a race against time as you and your friends try to escape the mysterious sleepover that you were invited toā€¦ Read to uncover the Mystery on Hanging Hill Lane.

Cover

Iā€™m changing my current one, so this will be my new one soon enough! :grin:

Chapters: 4 (More to come)
You can leave my review here! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

itā€™s hard to make a good description when you have a serten amount of letters. and i dont wanna do one of those wage one many do. when i read them i always think. the heck shall use this for i wanna know what the story is about not that mc is going through a journey in her life there will change her. that does not explain anything

cover working on a better one but canā€™t really come op with anything.

if there is characters there slide in, its cause you tap to fast.

i cant write bad guys. i tried. and I just canā€™t make the personality work. i know he is not what people expect.

also, i dont get what you mean she found on google. all she found was some news paper articles. i know i did not make that clear sorry about that. i am not the best at details

i really appreciate your review thanks for reading my story.

1 Like

It is the truth. It is extremely hard to write a good description when we are limited. Most of them are really similar.

Good luck on ideas with a new cover!
Btw. Have you tried to find someone to help? Iā€™m guessing there are some people who will be happy to do it!

I donā€™t think I tapped too fast. I always read slowly when Iā€™m doing reviews. Trying to focus on all details.

About Google.
I meant this what you said. The information seems to be cut. Maybe better make MC look like reading the article.

1 Like

also! please be as honest as possible! I want you to drag me through the mud sis :joy::joy:

2 Likes

No problem :smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Title: MC: The Bar on 23rd
Episode Author: Dr.Smile
Style: INK
Link:

Description:
Social anxiety wrecked Bladeā€™s life, but an encounter with a stranger at the bar wrecked it even more by motivating him to get his dream job back?
Cover:
Episodes: 3
Where should I leave a review? Here or DM.

1 Like

@Dr.Smile07
Please, fill the form correctly.

1 Like

Sorry, I thought I had but thought wrong.

1 Like

So my and @DeLilo story is not published yet, but I would like some feedback. I have coded about 1/3 of the chapter. I have not proofread or checked for bugs yet, so donā€™t come at me for that. Be honest please. :heart:

Title: Adventurous: Jungle Havoc
Author: @DeLilo and I
Genre: Adventure
Description: Still working on one
Cover: Itā€™s coming soon
Episode: 1/3 (though not every branch has been fully coded the same)

@LiyahxWrites

Review

The first impression
The cover and the title made me feel Iā€™m going to read about mean bitch. But, you surprised me a bit. And in a good way! Even so, I think covers and title suit pretty well. Unfortunately, I canā€™t say it about the description. It doesnā€™t make me feel I want to read it.

Plot
There is no doubt I was reading drama story! After reading all four episodes, I already hate the mother of MC and Tina. They are so annoying, for my taste. Even, they seemed too bitchy. Also, one scene was weird. The father came to his own son to tell he doesnā€™t know what to do with his wife, to complain about her drinking problem. It looked like heā€™s more like son, not father. And, the scene in the clinic was unnatural for me. She is pregnant, not sick! ā€œDo u wanna call someone?ā€ā€¦ Also, just after the interview, she canā€™t be 80% sure she is pregnant or not. Overall, the rest of your story was really interesting! I liked that u tell enough information about characters in the first episode.

Direction

I havenā€™t found a lot of mistakes. You are really good at coding. Just I think, it will look better if you will zooming at the same time as someone is talking. It is easy to do it, you should only start a line with " & " instead of ā€œ@ā€. And I recommend adding more backgrounds characters during the parties. It will make the scene look more dynamic.

Good for you, you use overlay very well. But once you forgot adding a layer for a glass! And MC was between the glass and the table! Also, the glass of the wine was too big.

You are trying to not let characters walk fast, but you missed once it, during the balcony scene!

Transmission. Nice thing to add between scenes, but u add too much of it during the date of two girls.

Bubbles and dialogues. Good, you kept spotting all bubbles. But, unfortunately, some dialogues werenā€™t natural for me. You should keep it more like a dialogue, not a monolog. You let one person talk too much in some scenes. Also, I found some language mistakes like " to", ā€œyourā€, " its". Please, correct it. And the sweet talk. Iā€™m not a fan of it. So, maybe it is a reason what it was annoying me.

1 Like

the son and the father scene. i am definitely going to fix that. episode one is going to be revamped soon.
the wine glass was really big :joy:. i thought i was tripping. the romance was a bit too mushy for me too. iā€™m not great at romance, i felt like i needed to put it in lol. iā€™ll fix the balcony scene. i do need to add more background characters. i agree. iā€™ll fix the overlay - i noticed that too when i was replaying it today. the date between the girls was kinda of just thrown in there because itā€™s was valentineā€™s day. iā€™ll fix all of that. thank you for taking the time to read and review my story :heartpulse:
oh i definitely will fix the clinic scene lol.

1 Like

Hey! I hope you feel like reviewing mine :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Title: Rich Girls Cry Too
Author: Ava Josefine
Plot/Summary: Veraā€™s dream of becoming a famous musician feels closer than ever when a new, big TV-show about her school is being made. But things donā€™t turn out the way she expects them to.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5455460943921152
Episodes: 6

IMG_0017

You can just leave the review here or whatever you feel like :grin:

1 Like

Title: Outcast
Episode Author: Loren
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5454495847874560
Description: A young Orphaned girl returns to the city she considers home. How will she connect with her new ā€˜familyā€™? And will she truly reconnect with old friends?
Cover:

Episodes: 3 (Working on the fourth now)
You can leave the review wherever you feel most comfortable :heart: and Thank you!

1 Like