Experiment - Cliche stories

Thanks! I’m just shifting through a few projects now but once I get to it, I’ll try it

1 Like

I personally like my story. :woman_shrugging: It has a lot more “cliche” elements than what I usually do, but it has its own twists, a strong mystery sub-plot and some big twists coming that I can’t wait to reveal lol.
I did contemplate going all-out with the trash, but I wouldn’t have used my own account for that. :rofl: I can stand behind this particular story and for reference, if I was trying to qualify for payments, I would have made it using gem choices. So it’s still been able to “sell” and I’ve kept my dignity IMO lol. (Some people may not agree haha but eh.)

Your cover is amazing and I can see it attracting a LOT of readers.
Until my story got reviewed and approved, it didn’t get many reads. The second I got on the ranks and people saw my cover, it flew up the trending :rofl: and that was definitely mostly because of the cover lol.

1 Like

I agree it’s beautiful

I mean this is a cover I made for mine image

If you saw that would you read it?

@EliseC You’re too kind :two_hearts: the artist I worked with really got what I wanted and I actually cried when I saw it :rofl::see_no_evil: and omg the people who think you lost your dignity can go here : :wastebasket:

@josiej8 IMO a parody would be funny af and get A LOT of attention from the community bc let’s be honest a lot of us are tired of these cliches :see_no_evil: however I’m not too sure it would do well outside of the community :face_with_raised_eyebrow: (then again reads attract reads too) hmm its worth a try and mark my words I will be here for it :fire:

1 Like

Thanks! I sort of have a comedy already called Zero. Originally was a Magicka entry so it’s like a fantasy type comedy but I might poke fun at mobs and New York Mafia :rofl::rofl::rofl:

New York…2004! A large shipment of illegals weapons makes its way into the port. Hold on a sec, wait what? :rofl:

2 Likes

It’s not a bad cover, but I don’t think it’s “click baity”. Look at the covers on trending. I know people make fun of them all the time, but you can’t deny they “work”.
I’m not saying you need half-naked characters, but couples on covers tend to be popular.

1 Like

Yes I know, I read it actually :slight_smile: I like myself a good comedy so I liked the plot!

Story isn’t about romance, it’s about mental health…see this is why I’m gonna struggle. Although there are romantic elements in it, that’s not the main focus…

1 Like

I’m personally fine with clichés that don’t glamorize on stuff that can be dangerous such as drugs, guns etc, like I HOPE that people aren’t looking for boyfriends who does drugs and kill people for a living and for some reason they’re some powerful vampire.
The community love to read stories with elements they’re familiar with, but throwing a twist in it draws the reader to read more.

2 Likes

YOU READ IT! WOOO THANKS!

But yeah it’ll be something like that if I wanna write a comedy

I thought this was for your experimental story? But you don’t need a couple on the cover anyway. Look at Counting Sheep by Piccalily which only has one character and isn’t s*xual at all.

I’m actually reading a story right now which is about that. Good girl falls in love with bad boy mafia who kills for a living. And I hate to admit it, I’m rather enjoying it :rofl::rofl:

Oh no that’s the cover for my actual story I’m writing now x

1 Like

I mean it’s enjoyable to read I’m not denying that, as long as it’s written well and not heavily influencing people’s thinking lol

Oh yeah. At the end of the day it’s fiction. You should see the stuff I was reading at school. Yikes :rofl:

Sadly, as we all know lol, “unique” stories don’t tend to trend as well.
Nearly all my stories have been lucky enough to have been featured on shelves, yet my newest and most “cliche” story has actually out-performed all of them (in terms of ranking) even without being on a shelf itself.
I don’t expect my horror or thriller stories to trend. They’ve all done well, but I know they’re not what the core Episode audience looks for and that’s fine with me.

2 Likes

It’s crazy. My story about mental health has is just under 200 reads and they all were from R4Rs yet a mafia story is like rank 1*** WHAAAT

Yea, some people really take it too far and date people with bad traits like that irl and think it’s some sort of story, storytelling is perfectly fine until it’s taken into real life. Gang stories have so much action and stuff that I really like.

And damn those bad boys are hot ngl

Oh my mental health story has plenty of action…a lot of people are gonna be like oh god this is gonna be depression but if you actually read the story, your jaw will be on the floor :rofl: