Experiment: Do the forums have enough power to influence the trending section?

Yeah, I think so

2 Likes

Congrats on 150 reads :rofl:

Well, I think we’ve shown that it’s possible to influence certain genres but to crack the top 50 in overall trending, I believe you’d need at least roughly 5k reads a day?

5 Likes

Ooh I’ll try it’s out!
Also @fcukforcookies you should make a separate thread for your suggestion if you haven’t already.

3 Likes

I did. Already running quite good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

o wewt! I didn’t see it but I’ll go look for it now

3 Likes
2 Likes

Thanks :grinning: Yeah, and it’s also a lot harder to stay in the top 50! Now we’re at 158 reads, #41.
5k reads a day is a lot, so kudos to those authors and their stories! :joy:

Also, are the stories in the “What’s Hot This Week” section actually that widely read, or is it because Episode wrote them? They seem to stay in that section for a long time, and they seem to all be very similar (romance, drama, similar-in-theme titles).

4 Likes

19 when I created the thread… 22 the day before the experiment was due to start… (Some keen beans must have read it early)

2 Likes

Yeah, I agree. I think the fact that it was in Adventure meant to get it close to the top of the genre was a lot easier than if it was in Romance or Drama.

Also 5k a day? WoW!

2 Likes

I’ve maxed out my replays already. Here’s a screenshot of my favourite line

8 Likes

:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I actually don’t think I have that section (is it a shelf under “stories we love” or something different?) but I have a theory (based on a screenshot I vaguely remember seeing)…
Do they all have gem choices? Even the user stories?

2 Likes

It’s an estimation but when I was on the Thriller shelf, I was averaging 3-4k a day and the best I got to was about #80 overall.

2 Likes

I tried out the loop in the second chapter because the music list was so good that 5 replays was not enough for me. I was laughing the whole time while reading the “story” and listening to “Carefree” :smile:

5 Likes

It’s the section on the home page (it’s right above the “My Favorites” section on mine). Yeah, I think they all have gem choices, and none of them are user stories.

1 Like

There’s some great music on Episode!

2 Likes

Ohhhh that one. I forgot what it was called :rofl: and thought you were talking about something else.
Yeah I’m pretty sure that one is just featured stories. The latest featured stories to be updated are always there.

2 Likes

That’s still crazy! What’s your story called? I’ll check it out when I have time!

1 Like

Thriller: Ghostwriter :slight_smile: It was a contest winner and on a shelf. I’d never get reads like that normally :rofl:
Side note: I’ve been on 5 shelves and have never cracked the top 50 overall. It’s really hard to do :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Niceee :+1: I’ll check it out soon!

1 Like