Experiment: Do the forums have enough power to influence the trending section?

I’ve maxed out my replays already. Here’s a screenshot of my favourite line

8 Likes

:joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

1 Like

I actually don’t think I have that section (is it a shelf under “stories we love” or something different?) but I have a theory (based on a screenshot I vaguely remember seeing)…
Do they all have gem choices? Even the user stories?

2 Likes

It’s an estimation but when I was on the Thriller shelf, I was averaging 3-4k a day and the best I got to was about #80 overall.

2 Likes

I tried out the loop in the second chapter because the music list was so good that 5 replays was not enough for me. I was laughing the whole time while reading the “story” and listening to “Carefree” :smile:

5 Likes

It’s the section on the home page (it’s right above the “My Favorites” section on mine). Yeah, I think they all have gem choices, and none of them are user stories.

1 Like

There’s some great music on Episode!

2 Likes

Ohhhh that one. I forgot what it was called :rofl: and thought you were talking about something else.
Yeah I’m pretty sure that one is just featured stories. The latest featured stories to be updated are always there.

2 Likes

That’s still crazy! What’s your story called? I’ll check it out when I have time!

1 Like

Thriller: Ghostwriter :slight_smile: It was a contest winner and on a shelf. I’d never get reads like that normally :rofl:
Side note: I’ve been on 5 shelves and have never cracked the top 50 overall. It’s really hard to do :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Niceee :+1: I’ll check it out soon!

1 Like

If we have the willpower.

2 Likes

Maybe it’s because ~YoU nEeD tO aDd MoRe SeX~ If you would just add a sexy stranger stealing MC’s underwear or jumping into her bed randomly in the middle of the night, I’m sure you’d get there

9 Likes

Sadly, I have a feeling you’re right :rofl:
I need to write a trashy romance and hope that Episode decide to feature it lol. I’m sure it will easily get into the top 10 :expressionless:

4 Likes

Well the next contest will probably be Valentine’s Day… There’s your opportunity :smirk: Although… I remember what you did for the last Valentine’s Day contest so maybe not haha

5 Likes

Episode asks for love- I write a story about an obsessive ex-boyfriend where everyone can die :woman_shrugging:

I was honestly trying to plan a trashy-ish office romance story and it somehow has turned into a mystery/thriller :upside_down_face:

6 Likes

Exactly :+1:

1 Like

I’m still a little confused. Does the old system of requesting/pitching a featured story still here, or am I remembering wrong?

2 Likes

Lol, I have no idea what you’re talking about :sweat_smile:

1 Like

IDK, I just thought before in the early days of Episode Featured story ideas were submitted to them.

I’m afraid trying to explain myself more would be off-topic lol :smirk:

2 Likes