Experiment: What happens if we all get a story in the trending section?

So do we do that instead?

You would have more chances of getting someone on the trending section at least.

It’s all up to you.

1 Like

Thank you so much for getting my name out there! I really do appreciate it😄

Title: ‘Clue: No Stone Unturned’ (will be changed to just ‘No Stone Unturned’ once the contest results are in)
Author: Gabriella
Genre: Mystery
Episodes: 4 are currently out; it will be continued
Story Description: Barred from taking a case, you attempt to solve it from the outside whilst solving the reason why you were barred from taking it in the first place: your father’s murder.
Choices: I’m not sure how many there are per episode, but there are a lot and they do matter.
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5977678632517632
Cover:

1 Like

I think this would definitely work better, so when you have the story chosen, I would suggest you to add it in the OP so that everyone could see it. I will read it as well.

As @ELx mentioned, the Line 400 experiment kinda worked because we were reading the same story almost at the same time, and that story was in a genre that is quite easy to trend in. If you try this in the romance section, you’ll need at least hundreds (but probably thousands) of people to join.

7 Likes

True, it’s way more easier!

3 Likes

Cool idea!

1 Like

:sunglasses: hm.

Thanks for tagging me!!
Stories:
CLUE: Forbidden Secrets & Feelings Unknown

Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe to get into the top 100 overall (not in a specific genre), you need at least 3k reads a day? (And this number likely fluctuates quite a bit.)

Hypothetically, if one hundred forumers were able to get their non-steamy-romance stories into the top 100, that means they’d all need to gain well over 10k reads a day. Pretty much impossible, but let’s pretend it’s doable or that some computer genius figures out a hack :rofl:
I’d imagine this would happen: Our stories would all gain quite a few more reads than usual but after a day, they’d quickly start dropping back down when the core audience realises that our stories aren’t what they’re after. They’d also drop down as the regularly-trending stories update.
Sometimes when a story is suspended for a TOS violation, it gets put back on the charts in the number 1 position but you’ll notice that while that story might gain a few more reads than usual, it drops down pretty quickly. I imagine a similar thing would happen in this scenario.

If we wanted to get one story trending- we’d need to choose something with a decent amount of episodes (at least 20 IMO), and something that can be updated soon. We’d then need enough forum power to give that story over 3k reads (ideally, a lot more than that) in a day. So if everyone binges that story (remembering that the final chapter doesn’t count), we’d need… 158 forumers to take part.
I think it would be better to choose a story with chapters on the shorter side (to encourage binging).

5 Likes

Hello, I think this is a good idea, not sure it might work, I saw it said adverture stories and then below romance and drama, my story is drama based and within a lot of the other genres as well.
So If I can be involved that would be great too!

Here`s the authors and stories I would recommend or promote

@MerryMirrors remember me

@samantha_episode_1 A heartbreak century

@AliceC.Episode4 The heir and his female bodyguard

@Eclipsa Green Sea shell

Here’s mine:

Title: Mum Know`s Best

Description: Brainwashed teenager nicola has suffered from years of abuse at the hands of her mother will she be able to find a way out? Contains violence, self harm + CC choices matter tappable choices

Chapters:28 [FULLY COMPLETED]

Style: Ink

Genre: Drama

Important info :

If you would check out my story it would be great appreciated! I have worked on it for over a year now! Hopefully your love it as much As I do :slight_smile:

There is a lot of triggers in my story, Its a dramatic, Romantic, slight bit of thriller in and a slight bit of horror in as well

One reader quoted the following after reading all chapters “Its a classical version of flowers in the attic” And another: "I don`t have much to say about your story is beautiful

Advert to my story

3 Likes