Express your opinions when the mc and li die in the end based on your choices

Hi! I was wondering if you’d read a story where the MC and the love interest die together (they’re inseparable :wink:) for a proper cause/ reason based on the choices you’ve made throughout the story or the character points. Would you think that the book was a waste of time?

Please share your opinions freely in the comments. :smiley:

16 Likes

lol I love when the mc or li dies

6 Likes

No, I personally don’t mind endings like that. They can be just as satisfying

2 Likes

Ikr! I’m angry at the author but I still love the story soooo muuch that I read it many times.

1 Like

Yeah. There are so many stories with happy endings.
Thanks for sharing your opinions. I’m thinking of writing a story where the character points determine whether the mc and li live or die. So I needed opinions. Thanks again. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

Personally, nah. I think killing off ur characters is just a lazy way to add a plot twist.

Plus, when I’ve put so many passes into 50 chapters of a story, waiting for all the drama to b resolved, it’s frustrating when the author just decides to kill off both characters instead. However, don’t get me wrong, I’m not the kind of person to care abt if the MC n LI get married/have kids in the ending to make the ‘happy ending’. In fact, I don’t care too much if they split. But them both dying is a bit too nasty for me & is usually v unpopular w the readers.

11 Likes

You are right, it may seem forced to make a plot-twist by killing the mc and li.

Yes I would totally read it. I love these kind of endings.

1 Like

Idk…u see…like every story cannot be the perfect fairytale…with the happily ever after…a bit of a change doesnt matter…life is not all about getting wat u ask for!

3 Likes

I would read it if there was nothing to give the ending away, so getting me emotionally invested and then bam-
h e a r t b r e a k.
But if I know they’re going to die from the beginning or even before I start the story, then I’m likely not going to read because I cannot emotionally invest myself in the story knowing how it ends.
With that being said, for most sad endings, it’s usually the love interest that dies so with yours, it seems even more beautifully tragic with the MC dying with the LI.

Not at all.

5 Likes

It isn’t a waste of time imo, but if my li dies because of any choices I made (doesn’t matter if the mc died along) and if its a Romance driven story… I’mma cry my eyes out :pleading_face::cry:

3 Likes

I know. ‘And perhaps it is the greater grief, after all, to be left on earth when another is gone.’
:sob:

2 Likes

So we would get like Romeo and Juliet scenerio ?
Um yes please

1 Like

I hate it when the MC or Li dies in a story, but I love it at the same time. Like I will never be able to let it go lmao. Tho, much better than an unrealistic happy ever after story! So I’ll probably have to cry if I am completely in the story, but those are the most beautiful ones! So nah, love it :joy:

3 Likes

I’d definitely read something like that. Not everything has to have a happy ending, especially if it’s decision based. Kill the MC, and/or LI, spice it up a little bit lmao.

1 Like

Idk, maybe. Sometimes deaths of LI’s/MC’s can be good but sometimes, I feel like I’ve just wasted my time. I think it heavily depends on the plot of the actual story.

3 Likes

I don’t mind them dying in stories but I think you need to at least have a good reason and some foreshadowing of it happening before actually doing it. I would’ve felt like I’ve wasted my time if you just decide to kill them off for no reason.

3 Likes

Sometimes is hard to let them go. No matter if it depends on our choices or the author’s vision, no matter if they’re MC, LI or background characters. I understand that, but I am sad after all? Yes, of course. But if I got to the end, it means that it wasn’t waste of time, because I enjoyed story with or without happy ending. :blush:

2 Likes

i don’t mind endings like that, i like em. it makes me remember that not everything has a happy ending…might make one of my stories like that🤔

1 Like

Well Romeo and Juliet isn’t exactly romantic

4 Likes