Express your opinions when the mc and li die in the end based on your choices

Yep!

1 Like

Yeah, I feel like I connect more with characters if it’s a sad story too.

2 Likes

You literally spoke my mind!
Stories with sad endings make me like them even more. I’m angry at the author for killing the characters but still, I read the book again and again. That makes me realise actually how the character’s death is affecting the story. Sometimes it’s crucial for the character to die and without that the story won’t be meaningful.

2 Likes

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

1 Like

She was? I didn’t know :sweat_smile: Although there are quite a few poc characters in her stories :thinking:
But I’m not siding with anyone. :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Oh okay.
I’m just saying because I remember a thread about author’s to not support etc

1 Like

Oh okay… never came across it :sweat_smile:

Although I don’t like when choices decide whether you live or die. I just don’t like that. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

yes!!
i feel like also i love that emotional touch it leaves if the character that dies, dies for greater good or, not to sound weird, when the character is the good themselves and their death is, at one point, unfair or tragic, but it makes us appreciate the character’s goodness or selflessness even more

3 Likes

What if it’s a survival story?

1 Like

Lol I just like to read stories without choices, like I’m seeing a series or smth. Even if it’s a survival story, I prefer to already have the ending planned but when surviving is the main plot then lol. I just haven’t read a story like that :see_no_evil:

2 Likes

Ah okay!

Bumpty bump!

:bomb:

Bump. :pleading_face:

I think that, if done correctly, it could be a very interesting twist. It’d really make it seem like your choices matter and make everything seem much more high stakes, but it’s also not something that’s possible for every story. A sweet, slice-of-life story? No. A high-risk, high-reward action story? Hell yes!

Do you plan on writing one, or is this all just curiosity?

2 Likes

I plan on writing one. But not sure if I’ll be able to do it properly, I need to give a logical reason to kill them. I’m working on a different story right now. But will surely get back to it later. (:

2 Likes