Eye overlay and coding help!

Hey, I hope someone can help me.
I’ve tried using a transition fade for a character repeatedly opening and closing their eyes in a hospital scene but the fades aren’t producing the effect I want which is closer to blinking.
I saw a post for it a while back where someone suggested using eye overlays but I can’t find it anywhere to guide me on how to make the overlays and code it properly.
Can anyone help please?

1 Like

What I do is have two solid black (and slightly blurred) overlays to act as eyelids, each with a curve to better represent eyelids, but some people just use straight ones without a curve.
Each eyelid overlay covers half of the screen (top/bottom) to make it initially appear all black and then I shift the top one up and the bottom one down to “open” the eyes and shift the top lid down and the bottom lid up to “close” the eyes. (:

Sample of my coding

I saw this one from a thread years ago//

thank you so much for this

thank you, that’s made me understand it a lot more :slight_smile:

1 Like

You’re welcome!

Can i also just confirm how to credit Caitoriri? is it just thanks at Caitoriri or should i use the email address from the google drive? Would like to get it right if i’m using someone else’s bits

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.