Eyes opening and closing transition effect?

Hi! I’ve seen authors in other stories use this cool effect/ transition that looks like eyes are opening and closing from the POV of a character. Does anyone know how to achieve this effect? Any help would be amazing, thank you so much!

3 Likes

@transition fade in white in 1
@transition fade out black in 1
@transition fade in white in 1
@transition fade out black in 1

1 Like

thanks! I will definitely give this a try!

1 Like

If you have other questions send me a message here or on IG @sam.episodes
I don’t mind helping.

1 Like

Hi! You could also use overlays to achieve this effect, this would create more of the look of two eyelids opening and closing. If you are not familiar with overlays I recommend that you check out one of the many tutorials on how to use them here on the forums, you can also find tutorials on how to use overlays in the manuals that episode offers. If you want pre-made overlays I think @Caitoriri has some on her drive, I also believe that she has the code to go with it in case you are lazy and don’t want to script it out yourself :wink: If you use her overlays, remember to give credit! Good luck! Feel free to ask me if you have further questions about this :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Oh my gosh, this was super helpful! Thank you so much! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you so much, If I have any other questions I will definitely let you know. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Here’s the link to the overlaysand code that @puma was talking about!
https://drive.google.com/drive/mobile/folders/1PjXWcQGUu0p2qhmpFqWsjXqSjXa_iKis?usp=drive_open

3 Likes

Are you talked about…

@transition iris in/out black

…?

2 Likes

Thank you so much, this worked perfectly! I will be sure to credit you when I use the overlay. I have also read your story The Infected on episode, and it is hands down my new favorite. You are such a talented writer! Thanks again, and happy new year!

1 Like

I didn’t even realize that was a transition that existed, thanks! I think that there are actual overlays that can be used to create the eye effect, but I will be sure to check that out too. thanks for your help!

1 Like

No problem!

1 Like

Can this be made by point choices too?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.