REQUESTS ARE CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE! Shouldn’t be more than a couple days. :^) 03/07/18
UPDATE 3/12/2018: I’ve noticed I’ve gotten really backed up with requests. The fact that I have to review three per request makes me procrastinate, and almost loathe reviewing. Therefore, I’M ONLY REVIEWING ONLY ONE EPISODE PER REVIEW REQUEST FROM NOW ON. Like I said in the rules below, you can request again as many times as you want if you want me to do more!
Want a substantial review that doesn’t shy away from telling you where you can improve?
If so, you’ve come to the right place!
For the longest time, I’ve wanted to review stories like I see many people doing here. So, I finally decided to start! :^)
A warning: I will be completely honest in my reviewing. Maybe even brutally honest. This is not intended to hurt, but to help you improve.
How to Request A Review
Simply fill out the form below! But first, some rules and clarifications.
- I’m reading 1 episode max per review. You can totally request again if you want me to read more than that, though.
- All parts of the form are required to be filled, besides the poster part.
- If you feel I’m being too harsh, defend your story! It’s never my intention to be mean, but sometimes my critique can come off as nitpicky.
- I’m human, and therefore am biased. Admittedly, there are genres I don’t like as much as others. I’ll try to keep my biases in check, but tell me if you feel I’m being unfair.
- Keep in mind that these reviews aren’t fact – they’re my opinion! It’s up to you as an author to decide whether you want to use my review to change things about your story!
- Disclaimer: I don’t have an English degree. I’m not a professor. I am literally just a girl with a phone and a laptop who wants more stories to read, and wants to help others with their writing.
The Request Form
Title: (So… what’s its name?)
Genre: (What’s the genre? List as many as you want!)
Style: (Classic, Ink, or Limelight?)
Story Summary: (This doesn’t have to be the summary on the story in the app! Make it longer or more detailed if you want.)
Poster: (Optional! If you have one, share it!)
Link: (The direct link to the story in case I can’t find it.)
“What I want you to keep in mind is…”: (Tell me anything you feel the story may be weighed down by. For example, maybe you’re not a native English speaker, so the grammar is faulty at times. Or you aren’t good at directing, so some shots are wonky. These might not excuse everything, but it’s better than me taking off unnecessary points.)
Title: ?/5. Is it unique? Is it relevant to the plot? Did it attract my attention?
Directing: ?/5. How fluid are the pans and zooms? If there were overlays, were they used well? Did the directing adequately support the story?
**(But just because your directing is basic doesn’t mean it doesn’t do the job well. In fact, points could be taken off for being too advanced, and therefore distracting.)
Characters: ?/10. Are your characters interesting? Are they realistic? Do their motives align with their actions?
Dialogue/Narration: ?/5. Were the things said interesting or essential to the plot? If there was included narration, was it necessary to add clarification, style, or a tone?
Grammar/Writing Techniques: ?/5. Speaking of words, were the things said written correctly? Were there minimal errors, or a lot? Was there purple prose? Was there not enough description where it was needed?
Plot: ?/15. This is the meat of your story. Therefore, it has the most points to be earned. How interesting is the plot? Did I want to play the next episode? Can the events of the plot be believed within the context of the world the story takes place?
Choices: ?/5. Were there choices? Did they feel important and immersive?
**(To me, some stories don’t need reader interaction. A good narrative is enough, sometimes! So getting a zero for no choices is no big deal, and I’ll omit it out of the final score.)
OVERALL SCORE: ?/50.
A calculated, averaged score. If I feel the story felt better than the actual grade, I may add bonus points for parts I liked.
I’m debating maybe making a hall of fame or something for stories that I find very exceptional!
I hope you’ll consider requesting a story! :^)