Fade in overlay problem

Hello boys and girls!
I’m having a problem.
In my story, I want to make a scene where the overlay TV STAND, :2eced2ba37a4ef6f0c3a4633161ef551|235x418
Is already in the scene and then it slowly fades out. I did that with success.
But when I show another scene and then back the scene with the overlay, here’s my script :
EXT. JUNGLE PAN - NIGHT with TV STAND
@overlay 5815363920592896_TV STAND shifts to -31 -96 in zone 1
@overlay 5815363920592896_TV STAND scales to 2.656 2.656
@overlay TV STAND opacity 0 in 0
@zoom reset
@cut to zone 3
music off
@SHABLE spot 1.280 753 21 in zone 2 AND SHABLE faces left
@SHABLE walks to spot 1.280 170 19 in zone 3 AND SHABLE is run_cry_embarrassed_loop AND SHABLE faces left
SHABLE (cry_sob_sad_loop)
Oh my God!
Oh my GOD!
@zoom on 796 407 to 352% in 0
SHABLE (talk_exhausted)
That was very–
@KILLER spot 1.280 285 31 in zone 3 AND KILLER faces left
@SHABLE starts react_shocked_gasp
KILLER
Close?
sound sting_horrorswell
@zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 0
sound drone_scary
@KILLER is stab_knife_underhand_angry AND SHABLE starts faint
KILLER (flirt_coy)
Oh yeah, it was.
@KILLER starts laugh_crackup
@KILLER spot 1.280 161 31 in zone 3 AND KILLER is flirt_wink_atcamera
@overlay TV STAND opacity 1 in 0

I added it in the beggining at opacity 0 because I already showed that it’s faded away.
But I also use the command @overlay TV STAND opacity 1 in 0 as you can see at the end, and nothing happens. What can I do?
Thank you, Vicky.

It could be a layering issue. You didn’t specify the layer of the characters or the overlay. Make sure to include it in the line with the background: EXT. JUNGLE PAN - NIGHT with TV STAND in zone # at layer #
Probably at layer 2 or 3, if your characters are going to be ‘on tv’. :blush:

Thank you so much!! I appreaciate your help! :heartbeat:

Ah, crap. Still doesn’t work. Thank you anyway! :smile:

I didn’t even think about asking this lol. Is the overlay not showing up at all, or is it just not fading in? I’ve recently run into this issue where I had everything right but my overlays still wouldn’t fade in until I used the create command

Maybe I’m getting confused, but shouldn’t the end be opacity 0 and the start be opacity 1?

1 Like

If you want an overlay to fade in, it’s best to add the overlay by using the create command instead of adding it with the background

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.