Fade transitioning to another background

So I want to fade out into a black background and add some dialogue in that black background, and then I want to fade into another different background. For some reason it doesnt fade into the second background but the screen stays black, also you can’t see the character.

Heres my coding:

@transition fade out black in 1
INT. BLACK - DAY
NARRATOR (ATHENA)
TEXT
INT. CLASSROOM DESK - DAY
@transition fade in black in 1
@ATHENA enters from left to screen left

1 Like

Get rid of the fade in transition after the classroom background. That might work.

nope didn’t work

so your problem is the screen stays black? I’m gonna test it out on my portal and see if I can help :slightly_smiling_face:

yes, thanks so much!

I didn’t see any problems with the script. It plays normally and fades into the classroom background. Try refreshing your previewer.

I played it on my phone and refreshed the script, its ok I’ll just do some trial and error. Thanks for the help though!

1 Like

I used the web previewer. So maybe try that? On the mobile previewer, also try the “resetting” option in navigation.:thinking:

Maybe try adding @zoom reset under the classroom background.

Also, you need punctuation after the work text or the script will think this is a characte.

Moved to Directing Helps and Tips since this involves coding. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

INT. BLACK - DAY
&zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 0
NARRATOR (ATHENA)
Text.

INT. CLASSROOM DESK - DAY
&zoom on 0 0 to 100% in 0
@cut to zone 1
@ATHENA enters from left to screen left

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.