Fairy tail contest tips

Hi so I’m entering in the fairy tail contest and it’s my first contest and I’m wondering if any of you have any tips or tricks that would be helpful for me and for anyone who might be doing their first contest

1 Like

Hi, I was I 2 contests - I haven’t won any but one of the stories was later picked up by episode to the hidden gems shelf - so I am not an expert but I know a bit about contests.

I would say that your directing need to be very advanced - stories with basic directing have no chance in the contest - the winners have always absolutely flawless directing usually with a lot of hacks and some wow effect in it.

Use choices - they are one of the conditions - some people do forget that and do not put choices in the story.
Make the story interactive - if you can add some kind of minigame or meaningful choices - do not use just choices for dressing games and simple answers.

And to the writing - care that you really fit the theme of the contest. You need to write a really interesting way to make them fall for your story in the first 3 chapters. Make something unique something new if possible, have interesting unpredictable plot. Do awoid if possible all slurs … if you use them do not forget to censor them and use it sparingly anyway. Basicly by in the guidelines - not too mature sexual scenes or too violent one act.

If you can, get really good cover - I am not sure if they do count in in evaluation but from my experience the cover makes bigger role than you thing in raising readers attention - if they will not like the cover, they will not even try to read it often. So with good cover it is easier to get the necessary amount of reads.

2 Likes

Ok thank you so much

1 Like

Hi so I’m entering in the fairy tail contest and it’s my first contest and I’m wondering if any of you have any tips or tricks that would be helpful for me and for anyone who might be doing their first contest

@Aradhya @Bian12 @Celestial_Night @diana_creates @EmmaO_08 @FantasyWorld @GalexieReed @honeybees @iSaidOnce @jessica.epi @Kennar @Lara25 @moody1 @NikNik @Oliviatheesen @paloma @Quoriota @rememburs @Sunflower3 @TT12 @Uglygh0stt @Valentina1 @walmart_akasha.rec @xosdr @yourdolly ZamiraArts

BTW let me know if you didn’t want to be tagged and I will take it off

2 Likes

Sorry hun I’m not sure I haven’t done any contest but I wish u the best of luck

also can u take me off the list I don’t want this to be copied and pasted on another thread like this since I can’t help with contest stuff

Sure thing. I will take you off

1 Like

Thanks

1 Like

I don’t take part in any contest but I can help with some backgrounds or overlays.

Tips:

• Upload your backgrounds and overlays early to be approved on time.
  • Plan your story first before you do anything else.
  • Have an eye-catching cover.
  • Grammar is very important, so if you need a proofreader, ask anyone in the community to help.
  • Make sure your plot is also a good one.
  • Remember to NOT compare yourself to others, everyone has their different taste in their stories. Just do your best, and have fun.
  • When your story is published, start doing reads for reads, keep on promoting, add new episodes/chapters, keep on giving updates, and sneak peeks, etc.
  • Make sure your directing is good, if you are still learning the basics of coding, then it’s okay. Just do your best at it.
  • Feel free to be creative with your story, if you want.
  • Make sure your story is realistic. (Example: like in movies, make sure you have background character doing something and not just standing anywhere. Keep your characters active in the scene.)
2 Likes

Thanks I’m looking for a carriage overlay interior

Ok thank you so much

1 Like

Hello I’d be happy to help! Is this for an art contest or a story?

For a story

Okay! Here are some general tips for writing a story.

• An interesting plot that has layers to it.

Layers is a form of saying that there is more than just the original idea. (for example, if you are writing about a romance, don’t make the whole story about romance. Add some twists and focus on other aspects of the story.) This helps keep readers interested and wanting to read more.

• The characters have to be realistic.

Characters have to be realistic. They have to be relatable and likable. This helps people relate to them and like them. When they are too bland, it’s a big red flag as they won’t be likable. For example, when authors tend to write about the popular mean girl, she is always the stereotypical girl who hates the MC for no reason. Make every character as unique as possible. Develop backstories for the MC and every important side character.

• Research everything that will be included into the story.

For example, if you are writing about a business story involving a CEO, assistant, etc… You have to know how a business runs and incorporate it into the story. This adds a lot of realism into it and makes it a lot more interesting. If its a mafia story, research how mafias actually run. HOWEVER!!! This is just a preference. In writing a story, you have the ability to create a fictional world the way you want it

These are just some preferences of mine and what I enjoy reading.

• Proper grammar and language should be used.

This is important! It is a huge no no when I see authors use incomplete sentences and slang.

• Knowing when to give away / reveal important parts of the story.

You HAVE to know when to reveal important parts of your story. Don’t give everything away all at once. For example, authors tend to reveal everything about the MC as soon as the intro starts. Let the readers get to know the MC as the story progresses. In giving away too much information, you’ll have nothing to surprise readers with. It goes the same with the plot. If its a romance story, don’t have the MC fall in love or fold so fast over the love interest. Slow burn is always the best way to go when writing a romance story. In writing romance, let the friendship begin first and that’ll build tension and therefore you will have a strong foundation to build a real relationship from. In having the MC and the love interest get into a relationship too quick, it loses the tension and it makes the plot less dense and readers won’t be surprised later on anymore. For example, if you choose to write a drama story, everything applies. Let the readers get to know the plot as it progresses, let the reader get to know the MC and the side characters as it progresses, and the main points of the plot.

• Diversity and representation is important!

Including diverse characters helps readers feel included and for representation, the same applies. Readers should be able to see themselves or their culture properly presented in the story.

That’s all I have for now. Let me know if this helped or if you need further assistance / clarification.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your advice that was very helpful

1 Like

Of course!! I wish you the best of luck, and please do let me know when you publish! I’d love to give it a read :blush:

1 Like

I will :blush:
My instagram is Meghan_on_episode
I will post it there when its done

I havent really gone to any contest. Im sorry I cant really be of help. Maybe ask other authors. I also think there are tips about writing plot. personally I find OSP helpful. they have troupes and plots explained. I suggest try mood boards or dable to stuff that interest u

Ok thank you

It’s hard to find the overlay of the carriage interior, so I decided to make my own. :sweat_smile:

1 Like