Falling from grace yupistories removed

If y’all wanna know what happened: https://www.reddit.com/r/Episode/comments/r1oo1i/proof_yupistories_is_abby_stories_who_made_very/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf I recommend reading the whole thing. She plagiarised M.Jay, Girly and Heli and there are a ton of other things as well. She’s also really racist

8 Likes

This is what actually happened: https://www.reddit.com/r/Episode/comments/r1oo1i/proof_yupistories_is_abby_stories_who_made_very/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

2 Likes

hey, but don’t you think the titles of the other story are wrong?
Abby’s title says ‘Melody of your heartbeat’
Yupi’s says ’ Melody within you’
Even if the title was changed wouldn’t readers notice it?

1 Like

I read it on Insta and omg so embarrassed about supporting her not only plagiarism the racism as well but my question is why didn’t episode notice earlier? With payments wouldn’t it give it away that’s she was previously banned author.

But this is one of the few times facts where shown I know some authors that were banned and the horrible rumours that weren’t true spread about them.

3 Likes

Episode doesn’t really care if there were rumours like this or plagiarism, which I think should be changed, I think what struck their nerve was when she asked for payment she didn’t get.

But overall I still don’t think she should be judged, we are all human, we aren’t perfect, we’ll make mistakes, sometimes small and sometimes huge. We even make mistakes we don’t know about. In my opinion, I feel it’s really wrong to judge Yupi for a mistake she made a long time ago.

4 Likes

I just read it I can’t believe that was my fave story after realising wut she’s done

Abbystories copied M.Jay’s title of her book, then she deleted the story on that account and re-made it on her yupi account, changing the title to “Melody Within You” after M.Jay called her out last year.

1 Like

Ignorant comments with racist undertones and plagiarism on multiple counts isn’t something that can be written off as a small mistake, no from what I understand from this whole situation- if this author was getting paid, she would’ve been over 18, making her old enough to know what’s wrong or right.

9 Likes

I never declared this mistake as a small mistake. Being a brown girl, I understand and I will admit it offended me, but don’t you think what happened in the past stays in the past. I mean she truly was guilty to the point she deleted her IG account.
She is truly old enough to understand plagiarising and racism, I wish that she just understood it better and took it to her notice earlier.

1 Like

Agreed and I can sympathise with her just as a creator who knows the ridiculous amounts of effort it takes to create stories on this app, to trend and achieve the level of success she had and then having it all taken down within minutes but I can’t say I feel sorry for her as a person, she really sent her whole reader base to attack and riot against episode like that knowing she was guilty? And once exposed, she deleted her account? Sorry girl, you were wrong for that.

Hope this serves as lesson/example to all on how to be careful what you say online and just how it can affect you and others.

10 Likes

Very well said, sorry if there were any errors in my text, hope people understand that even a small word can affect many :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Other authors are saying this on insta but no one has ye on forums. Your stories don’t get deleted for a reason, a person doesn’t get banned for no reason. And if they are being banned or their story deleted episode tells you why, they tell you what the problem is and actually give you time to finish, it’s up to the authors to fix it and Yupi or Abby clearly didn’t.

5 Likes

Tbh even though “what happens in the past stays in the past”, she never said sorry so it’s not something she seems to regret. Instead of apologizing she deleted her account and ran away from the problem. When people make mistakes the common and right thing to do is to apologize and admit what you did was wrong.

8 Likes

You’ve got a point there, let’s just hope she comes back to her senses and apologizes like she should.

3 Likes

Not going to happen she deleted her account I still find it so odd episode allowed her the time to copy her stories as other authors didn’t get the opportunity.
Wish her luck as I really liked her stories but no way she could go back to episodes.

1 Like

If she was a small author I am sure she will get treated differently. But since she is a big author people called her out and so on. But hopefully not, hopefully she learned her lesson .

1 Like

Are we even surprised that some episode authors are racist? These are the same people that will let you customize your character and then write their characters in the image of a white person, anyway. Faux woke, faux inclusivity.

1 Like

I’ve never read her story nor stories but people use the same titles sometimes with different plots so I highly doubt that her story got removed because of it.

1 Like