Fanfics on episode

before we begin i like to say i love fanfics i read them a lot, on websites for them. that being said, on episode fanfics are against the rule.

so how come when i did scroll through the fantasy section i found two.

one on harry potter the other on Disney descendant. they even had multiple episodes. which mean they have been op in some time.

i did report them. because it is against the rules. and i dont know if others haven’t done it or episode just ignore it.

this is what the rules says

• any copyrights or works of authorship of other parties, including excerpts or passages taken from literary works or television or film;
  • any trademarks or references to corporate or business names; and
  • any references to real persons or places that might violate rights of publicity or privacy.
9 Likes

As far as I know fanfics aren’t allowed on episode. You can’t use someone else’s characters or have their work be the main plot of your story. You were right to report them, I’m sure they’re being worked on to be removed. :wink:

7 Likes

Yeah, they’re definitely not allowed.

You’re right to report them. Also make sure to send a PM to @Tyler to make sure that someone from the review team sees it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

One time I saw there was this story exactly based on Cinderella, except it’s in French :grimacing:

3 Likes

i dont think cindarella count it is in the public dumane. which mean evryone can use them.

2 Likes

I encourage everyone to do this :pray:

If it’s specifically Disney’s Cinderella, then that’s copyright material, but if it’s OG fairy tale Cinderella, then it’s fair game.

3 Likes