Fanfiction on Episode

Great, i was only planing to use those

1 Like

Man I wish fan fiction was allowed. The app would be so much better! :grin: :heart:

4 Likes

@tyler I got a qustions, a story I read its full of jokes, but its not orginal ones, its once from google,

other than clerly been unorginal is it breaking the guidelines. I am sure one is fine, but its all the jokes. I have not seen a single orginal one,

What kind of jokes? Generic jokes that you find on the internet are not copyright

Thank you so much for posting this, it has helped me a lot.

Thanks for the clarification, but I do have a few questions before I go through the trouble of writing and creating a story.

If I create a story about a teenage girl who is the daughter of a famous musician (who isn’t based off an actual musical artist) would that be considered fanfiction?

The only reason I ask is because it is kinda borderline fanfiction and I don’t want to run into any issues.

@amothershed If the MC’s father is not a real person in the actual world then it isn’t fan fiction. Fan fiction is based on either actual people or characters that were created by someone else. If he only lives in your head? You are fine.

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Is writing a story based on a historical event considered Fanfiction?

Especially if we use people in history like can I make George Washington a character or Martin Luther King or basically any historical figure?

That falls under this guidline violation:

Real People and Places

No images or illustrated likenesses of celebrities or historical or contemporary public figures are allowed as characters or on backgrounds, overlays or story cards
Celebrities and historical or contemporary public figures cannot appear as characters
Celebrities, historical or contemporary public figures, and real places cannot be a plot point or drive the story.

1 Like

Gotcha, thanks!

Hello. I just want to ask. Is it okay to mention a real work in our stories?
(For example: My character will mention in my story that he is a fan of Star Wars)

1 Like

I think if it’s just mentioned in passing it’s fine, but you cannot have any kind of visual references (ex. your character having a Star Wars poster on their bedroom wall)

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the response. Understood. :blush:

1 Like

is it okay if we just mentioning the characters and some storyline of the film, tv shows, novel, comic, video games, or whatever is it?

So if we did a song in an episode story and said who the song was wrote by that would still be copyright?

Yes but there certain number lines from a song that you can put in your story

Thanks

I have one location name from a netflix show, is that a problem? That’s the only one. Well my story isn’t out yet, but you het what I mean