Fanmails and creepy readers

Hey! I didn’t wanna write about this but I’m lost at this point.
For the last 3/4 days I’ve been receiving around 7 fanmails from this one girl, it first started simply as “I love your story!” “You have fans!” which I answered, then it was “Please put me in a story” to which I answered “Please dm on Instagram so we can discuss it” because I prefer Instagram to keep in contact with readers and not fanmails. Then I got “I don’t have an Instagram” “Don’t hate me” “Can you be my girlfriend” “She hates me, I mean you hate me” and I only answered the Instagram part and told her it was okay.
Today I just woke up to “:sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob::sob: im killing my self” “can you still put me in a story even if I don’t have instagram” “On episode you make me happy!!!” “I don’t wanna lose you please don’t leave me”
Now I am aware that this must be a child, or a very young girl but still I don’t know how to deal with this? Should I stop answering? Should I keep answering? Should I report?
Please help, because I really don’t know what to do

8 Likes

turn off yr fanmail if u want

1 Like

I actually enjoy fanmails, I don’t wanna turn it off just because of one person you know? Im lost :cry:

1 Like

Hm, I think u should stop answering. Don’t panic by the reader response. :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking: Hm…

2 Likes

explain to her what she is doing si wrong and she scare you the way she is acting.

also tell in the one killing her self that is a very wrong thing to say. and after that i would turn of fan mail. cause she can take it two ways. the one listen to you the other explode with anger and i think explode is most likely

5 Likes

turn it off just for a few weeks. if she is a troll or something she will leave. you can also just ignore her massegs. but leave a single one explaining why

3 Likes

I’ll do that, the “killing myself” one is what did it for me. I hope turning off fanmails for a few days will stop her.

6 Likes

I don’t think that will work because the moment she realises that your fanmail is turned on again, she will continue. Block and report her

4 Likes

This sorta happened to me but on my main Instagram account, luckily I scared him off

I recommend ignoring her/him. If it doesn’t stop then report them.

3 Likes

Fanmails can be so creepy! Especially when they keep demanding sex scenes in a story you’re writing.

6 Likes

which is against guidelines.

3 Likes

Okay good. At least we are all safe on here since when I used to be on Facebook, IG and all that. I get these creepy messages.

3 Likes

i mean i personally would knock some sense into the kid to make her stop playing those games, but that’s because I have a blunt, straight-forward, “don’t give a crap” personality, but that’s just me so i don’t think that would be the best approach for you lol :no_mouth::expressionless: maybe just report her

4 Likes

@lajolie_Amelie Trying to avoid that since I got the weird “you don’t love me anymore” and “Im gonna kill myself” I feel like if I did that she would just be worse lol

Also I just checked back now and a new one popped up “I dont wanna lose you please don’t leave me” I mean? Lose me? lmao this is too much
I think I’ll just go with @OreoBiscuit and @Mehasels advice and block report her, turning off fanmails was a solution but after thinking about it a little I don’t wanna lose that contact with my readers just because of one person
But thank you all for answering! I was a little lost for sure, hope I don’t deal with something like that again lol

6 Likes

smart choice :blush:

2 Likes

She is being manipulative and highly inappropriate. Send her fan mail straight to the “block” button
I’m sorry girl. That’s really uncomfortable and uncalled for. I’m glad you let us know.

7 Likes

Thanks! I just did that, blocked most of her fanmails and reported the weirdest ones.

3 Likes

good. dont turn of ur fanmail if u dont want to.

2 Likes