FAQ for Episode's Recently Updated Guidelines

So, the cover for Venomous is ok?

Yikes

That escalated very quickly, so the woman in underwear sitting on top of a half naked man is still okay for a cover??

I just think its rather weird that swimsuits are becoming kinky in the eyes of Episode, rather than well every trending cover in the romance section?

12 Likes

I’m assuming then the story would be put under a (mild) content warning of gun use and violence :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Thanks for clarifying! @Liz
What about stories that are new and published after Oct. 10th? Do those need submission to the review team?

18 Likes

It still makes no sense to me. It’s the biggest bullshit rule out of them all. :woman_shrugging:t2:

Also, sex and nudity are so bad, unnatural and inappropriate, it’s definitely gonna trigger KiDs. 13-year-olds are toddlers, they must not see!

14 Likes

No, I think it is more at risk of breaking guidelines. Generally when more skin is shown when two people are intimate, I guess they would be doing ‘sexual contact’

4 Likes

So no more covers in lingerie or underwear?

6 Likes

So how restricted do we have to show and/or describe violence in a story?

6 Likes

Per scene, you can have only 5 punches. Anything above punch (like smashing head against something) wouldn’t be allowed, since even punches are limited. * Just assuming from what we have, I guess it’s better to send a ticket though :exclamation: *

4 Likes

Ok so what about guns?

Hahaha :joy: I know a lot of people didn’t understand why I was so up them about submitting their stories for review but I’m relieved I convinced the authors of my favorites to do it now :sweat_smile:

This is my main question now, and if we also need to request for reviews on new episodes we publish to existing stories after the tenth too? :thinking:

16 Likes

I can live with that. They are generally PG-13 swears :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

With a mafia/assassin story this is the most important question to me like… It will be boring without blood, bullets, fight scenes… :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

Yup! This is a great question. Because it would be rather pointless if you don’t. Because let’s be real. You review all ten episodes and then you don’t review the new ones which will then cause authors to find a loophole and break guidelines.

(Damn, did this make sense? LOL) this isn’t directed towards you, Ambs. :laughing:

13 Likes

Nooooooo, my whole fight scenes will be ruined, I can’t :sob:

5 Likes

:tired_face::tired_face:

1 Like

Maybe you can use narrations to aid? I’m just guessing anything too extreme wouldn’t be ok. Punches, kicks, throwing-over-the-shoulder and stuff should be fine… I hope. :grimacing:

6 Likes

I did make sense and personally I feel it’s kind of needed :no_mouth: But that’s going to be a lot of work to upkeep reviews and then still continue the backlog of stories to make them appear on the ranks again

10 Likes

I’m taking the ‘reviewing the top 100’ stories to account, and I think those might be on a weekly/biweekly basis, while other stories may had to be sent a Support Ticket if the author is worried?

Kinda makes me wish there would be a shortcut to contact Episode in the Writer’s portal then

13 Likes

Yeah, I know. But, if this isn’t the case, then all this was for nothing. What’s going to stop authors from breaking guidelines if they know that new episodes won’t be reviewed? For an example, the shelves (stories on the shelf) had questionable content starting after the 3rd episode because episode only reviewed 3 chapters.

6 Likes

What about guns, would that also apply?