FAQ for Episode's Recently Updated Guidelines

Exactly so… I wonder if it will go back to the old days when you had to submit your story first before it was published. @LillyR told me about this a while ago because she didn’t have the 400 lines needed to publish once :joy:

9 Likes

Guns in stories are allowed just not in covers. To be fair, it’s more about showing the aftermath of the shooting than the actual gun. You can’t use too much blood. If someone is shot, I like to show it with a bullet hole slowly appearing, anything more or any more blood overlay can break the guidelines, so be careful.

4 Likes

So what about for example a shootout, how many scenes would be considered excessive?

If they are constantly missing the target it should be fine, but multiple people being able to shoot one person/a group of people might be excessive. Shootout should be okay as long as it just stays as two sides constantly shooting each other but failing/or not showing the dead bodies but mentioning them in dialogue/narration.

4 Likes

This might be a dumb question, but how do I put my story up for review?

2 Likes

cough Love on Fire original cover cough

I guess pretty much, anything’s fine, just don’t go overboard

16 Likes

Send a Support Ticket in the Support Desk in the OP.

2 Likes

Cool. Thanks!

1 Like

@Caticorn here’s the link

Your question is legit, if it wasn’t for this link I wouldn’t know what to do :woman_shrugging:t5:

3 Likes

Same here, this is great news! I was really thinking we had to kiss any kind of profanity goodbye, so I’ll take what I can get, even if it’s PG :woman_shrugging: The fact they finally gave us a list words we can use after all this questioning is great too.

Thank you Episode!

12 Likes

Now we have cleared things up, at least I’m not losing my marbles.

3 Likes

That’s a good question.

In all honesty, I haven’t submitted my stories for review partly because I figured the team would get an avalanche of requests lol and I really don’t mind waiting (I have one ongoing story, but the rest of mine are complete and I don’t care if they’re off the shelves for a bit). Most of mine trend top 100 in their genres too, so my understanding is that those will be auto-reviewed at some point.

16 Likes

Hi Liz! I was wondering about the new drug guidelines. Are we still able to depict characters who have an addiction to hard drugs as long as we don’t show them using them? @Liz

5 Likes

Is the fainting animation still okay when a character dies and would that count for both sides?

2 Likes

Do we only need to put published stories up for review?

3 Likes

What will happen to the new stories? Do we have to send them in for a review before or after publishing if we want them to show up in the trending section?

7 Likes

@Liz are the stories being reviewed based on the order of submission or does the top 100 automatically get reviewed first? In all honesty, that isn’t fair. Or is this misinformation being spread around?

5 Likes

I wonder if it’s a mix?
I believe some people who never submitted their stories have heard back with things to fix/change already.

3 Likes

This is all news to me. :open_mouth: I was under the impression that any piece of profanity would need an asterisk censor, but I’m happy to hear that isn’t the case.

25 Likes

So just a question, can we show dead bodies briefly or is that a violation?