Fast Story Reviews! [CLOSED TEMPORARILY)

Hey! I’m always looking for new stories to discover and read!
For new authors, I always find that it’s helpful to have your stories reviewed as it provides insight to your story, and how you can improve it.
The point of my reviews is to help authors improve, and increase the quality of your stories. To do this, I will be grading the quality of multiple aspects of your story using the grading rationale below. After, I will give you a score/percentage out of 100 points.
Please do not be offended by your score! This is just my personal opinion! Also, I know nobody’s story is perfect, especially at the beginning. I know even my story has improved so much from the time that I have began.

Grading Rationale

Grammar/Spelling: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Reasoning:

Directing: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Reasoning:

Plot: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Reasoning:

Length: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Reasoning:

Cover: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Reasoning:

If you want to have your story reviewed, please fill out this template:

Title:
Author:
Number of Episodes:
Additional notes:

In Return…

It would also be highly appreciated if you checked out my story “Gang Affiliated”. This is not a requirement but it would be nice because I’m spending a lot of time reviewing your story and helping you to improve.

Alright, I’m trying this since I’m awfully bored atm :woman_shrugging:t2: Here you go :slightly_smiling_face:

Title: Sweet Innocence
Author: Funicidal
Number of Episodes: Currently 1 completed, 2 in progress
Additional notes: My first (published) story in which I already expect perfection. (Hope it worked)

Hi. I will be sure to check out your story soon and PM you.

Title: Mei
Author: Manna
No. Of Episodes: 4 publushed
Additional information: English is like my fourth language so it’s not perfect. I hope you like it.

Thank you.

Title: Breaking the Cycle
Author: Mz.King
Number of Episodes:12 ongoing
Additional info: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4930564647944192

I will read yours also, Thank you

Sweet Innocence

Reasoning: Some errors, I found. “but everything must come to and end…” (should be an end).
“come to school in time…” (on time.)

Reasoning: Amazing directing! This must have taken you forever! I love all of the background characters in every scene.

Reasoning: Obviously, I can’t make much of a judgement because only the first episode is published, but nothing really goes on in the first episode. Although it’s extremely well made, it’s more or less boring… I’m sure the plot with get a lot better in the following episodes, though.

Reasoning: It’s a good length, but I think it would be better if you could increase the length so you could add a cliffhanger at the end.

Reasoning: I love this cover! I especially enjoy how the background is black and white, and the font is light purple, and it the first thing the reader’s eyes are drawn to.

Score: 86%

Hey! I can’t find your story on the app. Could you post a link please? Thanks!

Thank you for your review! It will help me improve my story in the future as I continue it. :blush:

Mei
Here it is.

Breaking the Cycle

Reasoning: “Every child hopes they can… live happily, [and] grow up not…” (Should be and in between).
“I never seen him” (Should be I had never seen him). “You are your daughter is holding me back” (Should be are holding me back). “she’s your problem” (Capitalize s in she.) “Your self…” (Yourself is one word.) “inwhich” (in the author’s note, in and which should be separated.) “would you like to continue on” (w in would should be capitalized.) “This tew much” (Should be “too” instead of "tew.) “And your the one to blame” (Should be you’re.) “This Is all your fault…” (I in is should not be capitalized.)

Reasoning: Mom’s mouth isn’t moving when she was on the phone (in the first line.) Also when on the phone, there is a lot of dialogue in one speech bubble. Separate the lines of dialogue. This also happens in the author’s note and other times. It’s a very long paragraph. Abuse seen is a bit choppy. Is the mother layered over the child correctly? Did you use pauses in your script? There is talking while the character is thinking. Too many transitions where the scene fades out.

Reasoning: Interesting, but not much happens in the first episode. There should be a cliffhanger or some sort at the end to make the reader want to continue reading.

Reasoning: The first episode is a bit short. It only provides an introduction to the story. I am not sure if this is enough to make readers want to continue reading.

Reasoning: In my personal opinion, I don’t enjoy this cover all that much. It doesn’t tell the viewer what your story will be about. Also, there are black rectangles on top and below the image.

Score: 40%

Thank you for your feed back… It’s my first story through mobile creation so I am currently getting use to the dialog and everything. As far as the cover I’ve tried to find something dealing with the title and the grammar I will work on that also. Also for anyone reading my story currently, it does gets better along the way, so please continue to work with me as I work on the story…

I’ll check your story out!

Title ~ RUUN AWAY
Author ~ Katie R
Number of episodes ~ Four!
Additional Notes ~ Second published story!

Title: Illegal Alien
Author: Literally Dead
Number of Episodes: 3
Additional notes: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/6005998233452544

Your story sounds cool! I will be checking it out.
Thank you in advance!

Title: My Smartboy
Author: Lunixfrozy
Number of episodes: 17
Additional Notes: None

Mei

Reasoning: “He is upto something…” (Up to instead of upto). That’s the only error I saw.

Reasoning: When choosing what dreams meant to Mei, I chose that dreams are signs given by nature. But then, even though I chose that option, Mei ignored the dream anyways. So, it’s like my choice didn’t even matter. When you choose the author’s choice outfit, why is there no going back? When talking with Janet, the screen is in zone 2 instead of zone 1. I can’t see the characters talking. Also when choosing to stay calm or freak out, a message popped up saying she chose not to show her emotions. I don’t think this is necessarily true. She’s showing her emotions, but in a calm matter. Also, if she cared about Thea why wouldn’t she want her to get adopted? At the fighting scene, it just started pouring out of nowhere. Also, the black screen at the end was very long. Other than that, the directing is very well done.

Reasoning: The plot is unclear. I’ve read the first episode and I still have no idea where this is going. I get that she’s had a rough past, gets nightmares, and probably is a spy or just kills bad people for a reason. If it follows cliche it’s because her parents were killed by a gang and let me guess- she’s killing bad guys because she wants to get revenge for the death of her parents? And she likes visiting the orphanage because she herself didn’t have parents when she was young so she wants to help the children that were like her…?

Reasoning: The length is a fine. At the beginning, it is a bit boring when you just have to watch her walk/drive all the way home and into her room. In the middle it also gets a bit boring because the reader does not know the character all that well. The end in my personal opinion is the best part because there’s conflict.

Reasoning: Visually, the cover is very aesthetically pleasing. However, it doesn’t really tell me what the story is about, especially when reading the description. If reader’s don’t know what the story is generally about, I’m not sure if they will want to read it.

Score: 70%

Actually you are wrong about the plot. Her parents aren’t killed by a gang. She doesn’t go killing people. She just fights the bad and is on the side of the just. And the orphanage she goes there not because she is an orphan. See her mother passed away recently. And if you read the part where she and Thea talk you would have known(Episode 1). Honestly you have judged and misinterpreted the story just because she is fighting some gang member and likes to visit an orphanage. She likes to visit the orphanage because of the children. She likes to fight. She wants to teach them some defence. She is isn’t force to fight because of any kind of revenge but she chose that path for herself because she loves it.

I apologize if my pervious post sounded rude or mean. I know my story isn’t cliché. It’s not perfect. I know. It has its flaws and I am working towards it. But in no way what you predicted about the plot is true. Since you have read just one Episode I don’t blame you. If you read more than one you would have known it better. But that’s your choice. Thank you for putting your time into reading it.

Run Away

Reasoning: “…Friends, Family, and Love.” (Not sure why those are capitalized.) “I step out and go to mirror.”(Should be go to the mirror, or look at the mirror.) “…Who’s to weak for this world.” (Should be “who’s too weak…”) It bothers me that when for the choice of an outfit, it’s “yes” and “no.” There shouldn’t be “.” after no. “Twenty nineth” (Should be twenty ninth.) “I cant get it…” (can’t.) “Welcome, To my home.” (To should not be capitalized.) Side note- I thought she was staying at a hotel, so technically, isn’t it not her home? “…to exhausted…” (Too.)

Reasoning: She smiled and said poker face. Isn’t poker face when your face is neutral? The covers don’t match the covers on the bed as shown in her bedroom background. Smg.episode has some great overlays that you can use! There were no background characters when she went out. I know you said the town was deserted but still… The outfit she chose to go out in was the outfit I chose for her to wear that morning. It’s a bit strange to wear the same outfit.

Reasoning: Okay, she said she was only an hour from her hometown in New York. But she told the girl that she was from London. Unless you meant New London, this cannot be true. It’s also kind of weird that Lexi would get in the elevator knowing she was terrified of them. Like, she could of just taken the stairs or something. I enjoy the rest of the plot, however. I enjoy how she mentions her background but does not elborate.

Reasoning: It was a fine length, it jut ended at a weird spot. You should always leave the reader on a cliffhanger, especially on the first episode when it’s crucial for the reader to decide if they want to continue reading or not.

Reasoning: Personally, I don’t like the cover at all. It’s a typically cliche girl that’s sad because she ran away. Also, why does the title just say “Away” and not the entire title? It looks like the person who made you the cover only made a large cover- and then you used the large cover for the small cover as well, even though it’s the incorrect size!

Score: 56%

Phew! I’m so glad it’s not a typical gang story! The beginning and everything about the character just is so alike the story “Playing for Keeps” which I have already read all of the episodes for!

I haven’t read it. Sorry if there are similarities. Actually I am working on editing the script and adding more about her mother into the first episode itself. I am glad you liked the ending of Episode 1.

Hey! So I think my story may have a slow start but I would love any feedback you can give me I will also check out your story :heart:

Story Title : The Art of The Deal
Author : GraceX
Style : Ink
Episodes : 9 ongoing
Genre: Romance drama and comedy

Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4622710791208960

Story: Isobel lives a secret life but is captured by Dark Chaos, a gang with a twist. Fighting for the greater good! But have there lives crossed before