Favourite Melanie Martinez songs

I really like Melanie Martinez and is becoming one of my favourite singers. Her style is really unique and she has a great personality.

But here’s some of my favourite song from her:

1: High School Sweethearts
2. Drama Club
3. The Principal
4. Show & Tell
5. Nurse’s Office
6. Recess
7. Lunchbox Friends

4 Likes

Mine will ALWAYS be training wheels, very calming in a way & makes me cry lol.

4 Likes

OMG! Finally someone with taste in music! JUST KIDDING don’t come at me haha :see_no_evil:

I can’t really choose one song, so I’ll go with the ones I liked the best from each album + singles.

the Crybaby/Dollhouse era

• Tag, You’re It
  • Milk and Cookies
  • Mad Hatter
  • Cake

Dollhouse was the song that first got me into Melanie, it’s not my favorite though!

the K-12 era

• The Principal
  • Strawberry Shortcake
  • Lunchbox Friends
  • Teacher’s Pet (I know, highly controversial one, but like any of her songs, it’s full of meaning)

the After School era

• The Bakery
  • Test Me
  • Brain & Heart

They’re in no particular order, I like them all equally! Also, I don’t dislike any of her songs except maybe Soap and Sippy Cup, sorry :grimacing: so even if they didn’t make it into my list, I still listen to them all :blob_hearts:

1 Like

OMG yes!!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :sneezing_face:

2 Likes

THIS!!!:sob:

~

i really enjoy:

“dead to me”
“training wheels”
“mad hatter”
“tag, you’re it”
“teacher’s pet”
“a million men” (unreleased)
“mrs. potato head”

and more🥰

1 Like

Do you like any of the songs out of K-12?

1 Like

copy cat and milk and cookies :))) I love all her songs tho so its so hard to choose >.<

3 Likes

i do! i’ve heard parts of all of them, and adore “detention” and “recess” but i have kinda put off watching the full film hence the reason why i don’t listen to the music from it as much😫

my attention span is so pathetically low, so i kinda want to just sit down and watch k-12 with all the music for context, but i have never been a fan of musicals/musical movies😅

oh, and i used to be a huge fan, she was practically my entire spotify a couple years ago. now, i have found which genres i prefer and melanie isn’t exactly there. but i still love her nonetheless. i even have the crybaby necklace i bought at the peak of my adoration for her music😭

1 Like

If you liked Training Wheels and Recess you’re probably going to like Glued too (if you haven’t listened to it already!)

2 Likes

i haven’t, but i’ll listen to it! thanks for the suggestion!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Np! Let me know if I guessed it right~

2 Likes

wow, you were definitely right!:sob:

it’s like a much sadder version of recess, and i have to say that (lyric wise) the pre-chorus parts are my favorite!:persevere:

2 Likes

Hahah figured so! Glad you liked it :grin:

2 Likes

All of them are great.

If I have to choose I’d say Lunchbox Friends, The Bakery, Mrs Potato head, milk and cookies, and strawberry shortcake.

2 Likes

And teacher’s pet.

2 Likes

Lunchbox Friends and The Bakery are great songs!

1 Like

We have similar tastes haha

2 Likes

Ah, I was a big fan of her in my first two years of high school :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Still love her so much!
My favourite song of her has always been Tag You’re It for some reason.

1 Like

That’s good to hear :blush:
Have you listened to K-12 yet?

1 Like

Yess! I remember that I was so hyped for the release, haha. My favourite songs of K-12 are Teacher’s Pet and The Principal :blush:

1 Like