FEATURE: A more organized app

I’ve seen some people discussing it as to add two genres for a story, but I personally think that this could be difficult to achieve as it may be difficult to trend (in which genre would you trend? What if you trend in a genre and you take the spot of someone whose story fits 100% the genre? In which shelf would your story go?)

So, here are a couple of ideas to create a more organized app, to help both readers and authors.

First create a general genre for all the stories and add a permanent hidden gem shelf to help smaller authors get noticed but also readers to find different type of stories. The hidden gem may change every week (as the trending section) and the stories can be chosen either by the Episode team itself or by the readers as we’re choosing them right now. It would look like this (excuse my bad photoshop skills, I’m lazy lol)

Then add subgenres to choose from within the bigger genres, this is just an idea, the genres could be different, for example:
SUSPENSE (bigger genre)
Crime (subgenre)
Mystery (subgenre)
Thriller (subgenre)
It would look like this:

Those are just ideas but in my opinion they could make the app more organized :woman_shrugging:t2:

[quote=“Zey, post:1, topic:298704, full:true”]
https://forums.episodeinteractive.com/t/feature-a-more-organized-app/298704/19?u=zeyI’ve seen some people discussing it as to add two genres for a story, but I personally think that this could be difficult to achieve as it may be difficult to trend (in which genre would you trend? What if you trend in a genre and you take the spot of someone whose story fits 100% the genre? In which shelf would your story go?)

So, here are a couple of ideas to create a more organized app, to help both readers and authors.

First create a general genre for all the stories and add a permanent hidden gem shelf to help smaller authors get noticed but also readers to find different type of stories. The hidden gem may change every week (as the trending section) and the stories can be chosen either by the Episode team itself or by the readers as we’re choosing them right now. It would look like this (excuse my bad photoshop skills, I’m lazy lol)

Then add subgenres to choose from within the bigger genres, this is just an idea, the genres could be different, for example:
SUSPENSE (bigger genre)
Crime (subgenre)
Mystery (subgenre)
Thriller (subgenre)
It would look like this:

Those are just ideas but in my opinion they could make the app more organized :woman_shrugging:t2:

https://forums.episodeinteractive.com/t/app-change-user-stories-tab/270965?u=zey

35 Likes

SUPPORT!!
This is really helpful!

2 Likes

support :smile:

2 Likes

Support

2 Likes

Support!!!

2 Likes

@Zey

Would you like to link ideas, I think you’d be interested.

2 Likes

Support :rosette:

2 Likes

Support!!!

2 Likes

I like this!How do I link it? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

The organization :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

SUPPORT

1 Like

Just put your link in my thread as a mention. I think that’s the only way.

1 Like

It could help smaller authors get more known. Support!

1 Like

Bump

Bump & Support

1 Like

That’s amazing.
I would love to see that.
Though, I have a suggestion.
I thinki it would be even better to have the “Hidden Gems” organized just like the contest winners are? So that people can find the thing they want to read ( bff to lovers, truth or dare etc)
But honestly, your idea is amazing.
You should even send them a message with your suggestions.

1 Like

Oh yeah! I haven’t thought about it, it would make so much more sense!
Thank you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I was also thinking we could input something that could help filter stories by status (complete, ongoing, on hold), art-style (LL, INK, Classic) and Customization (Complete Character Customization, Some Customization, or none). I feel like this would help because I personally love the limelight style which I didn’t at first, but came love it and I also love reading complete stories, as well as some ongoing stories that are still being updated, and stories where I can customize my characters’ appearances and names. This could be really complicated to implement, but it’d help a bunch when looking for stories to read instead of having just genres that show top community stories and having to scour through the app to find an interesting story.

2 Likes

I personally use tags for this, so if someone is looking for a limelight story with customization, they’ll find mine through the searching bar. But I get that it’s not a known feature and it definitely needs improvement.
As for the status of the story I completely agree, I haven’t thought about it honestly :sweat_smile:
Also, welcome to the forums!