FEATURE: A shelf for Muslim writers

I know that Episode regularly makes shelves such as Black History Month etc, which is fantastic. I feel like they should also make a shelf to represent Muslim writers because I feel this is under-represented in the community :grimacing: !

24 Likes

If I’m not mistaken, they have had a shelf before. I forgot what month they featured it in, but there has been one before. It was similar to the BHM shelf. Each week new stories would be featured on this month long shelf.

3 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen one before, I’ve heard there was one for Arab American heritage month but that’s all I know of

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a shelf for specific religions :thinking: but that’d be cool. Although I would prefer it to be stories with muslim characters as MC (portrayed in a good/realistic/non-offensive light) than just stories from muslim writers.

2 Likes

I’ve heard of one for Jewish heritage month so yeah :sweat_smile: and yeah definitely

Oh right…
Then I definitely support lololol

1 Like

This should definitely be included but corrected to Muslim stories more so then writers.

2 Likes

Support! And they better be represented correctly coz I’m tired of people being so uneducated and making random crap.

2 Likes

I don’t think I’ve seen it before

1 Like

Yeah definitely !

1 Like

Yeah :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I corrected someone who made a background character who was Muslim. I told her that Muslim women don’t expose their shoulders or stomach. She sent an edited version but she’s still sharing the unedited character under BG character posts.

OH YESS this such a good idea

1 Like

Uh, what do you mean by “expose their shoulds or stomach”? I hope you meant don’t.

1 Like

Oh shoot, I mean don’t :sweat_smile:. I should of checked my spelling

1 Like

Haha, It’s all good. :blue_heart:

1 Like

bump and support

2 Likes

As a muslim myself, ofc i support!!! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Support this!!! I’m one of the muslim writers in this community, this shelf would be amazing😍

SUPPORT!!!