FEATURE: Actual Trans.(male & female) avatars

So, I’m hoping this is in the right place but, I needed to request this because what we actually have is completely disrespectful and unimaginative!

Now, I’m not trans but my best friend is. F-M. When they came out to their family and friends one of the main things they discussed with us was that their current body did not feel like their own.

Slapping on a padded shirt, skirt, and heels does NOT make someone transgendered…and I get it. There may actually be people in the middle of transitioning - in fact, that’s kind of how I see what they gave us as. A transition period before a person gets surgery. I also, understand that some people never get surgery for a multitude of reasons - mainly because it’s super expensive. Okay. I understand that. But what about the F-M transgender character’s? There’s hardly any clothing items that doesn’t expose skin, let alone being gender-fluid or, F-M friendly.

I have a character in my story and she’s a Mom in her late 40’s. Age appropriate clothes is already hard to find, when the character is also gender-fluid, forget about it.

I would also love to see these new Transgender Avatars in Plus Size and Generic!! That’s the ONLY WAY to be as inclusive and “diverse” as you claim to be Episode.

I’m not here to just complain. I do appreciate the fact that we now have our Plus Size Queen. But please, don’t half-ars3 it. This is a slap in the face. You basically gave us men in Drag and called it Trans. While I appreciate the effort, you guy’s missed by a long shot. But it’s okay. You can correct your mistakes. Let’s make this a reality!! :100::100:

48 Likes

Support :hugs:!

3 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Support :revolving_hearts:

2 Likes

Support!

Tags

(Sorry if you guys already supported this topic! But…here.)

Tags:

Sorry if you didn’t want to be tagged!

@Alishia_Episode @AMagic @amberose @Ashy702 @asha_queen @AshlynG @Batman54 @Baleigh_episode, @BlueInferno @Cami_epy @Cass_writes @Chocolate_Mama @CinnamonToast @Elaina.p @gigistorm @Luna_B_Vand.er @Luna_Kesem @lanafrazer_episode @Madhu @Phoenix_Hope @PurpleRose @Problematic_Patrick @Roy @superb @UnicornPlayz.Episode @Writer_SA

3 Likes

So, can you clarify what you really want Episode to do? How can you make an actual trans person? Or are you saying that there should be an avatar with both female and male features and not just by itself?

7 Likes

Support 100%

1 Like

Support

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support!!

1 Like

Another reason why they don’t get surgery are because of the effects afterwards, such as depression.

(I understand that not everybody LIKES her, but I think this is just helpful if you wanted to show your character before, during and after.
4 Likes

Thank you for making this topic!
Ever since the release of the plus size female body, I’ve been kind of annoyed by the fact that they have the trans female assets in the drop down they labelled “generic males”. I guess they feel like they can’t mess with it since people have already created outfits and characters using these assets, but it really does feel wrong to me to have it categorised that way

9 Likes

Support

1 Like

Support!

Little Tidbit

Part One: I wanted to create my best friend in my story. He is a transgender man and because of his age he hasn’t done much to transition yet. I asked for his opinion on how he would want his character to look and he attempted to make a couple but he didn’t feel right using the male avatar because he wanted to be portrayed correctly. I couldn’t make a character for him without him feeling uncomfortable with it because of the lack of ftm clothing options. He wanted to use a female episode body and baggy clothing that gave the appearance of a flat chest not because he wanted to say “by using this body type it shows I am a girl” not at all. He wanted to use that body to stay true to what he looks like and deals with. He wanted that option so that if people read the story he was going to be in that they would feel hopefully a little better about themselves to see someone else who deals with this as well. But because episode is lacking all of these items that wasn’t possible.

Part Two: As a non-binary person who wants a flatter chest looking at episodes options and having to choose such a limited amount of sweatshirts for tops constantly it would be wonderful if episode added this type of stuff to the portal. If they added a binder I would honestly go crazy (good kind). I use episode and I have a character that represents myself so I don’t get to get away from this unless of course I ditched my character and that shouldn’t have to be the case.

6 Likes

Yeah. I can see how that is confusing.
What I suppose I’m asking is for a way to differentiate between trans/non-binary and cis-gender avatars. I personally don’t know how they would or could go about it but I’m not employed with them. :woozy_face:

It just sucks that there is no difference between a trans M-F. The avatar still looks like a man just simply dressed in “women’s” clothing. To me at least, that isn’t showing that you respect the struggle of those who are Transgender. Of course, I can’t speak for them but anyone can see it looks a bit sloppy that F-M isn’t represented, or any other gender-fluid options.

EDIT

Yes! That would be extremely helpful!! There are people who are androgynous and are either feminine or more masculine in appearance, so having the same features would be an amazing step!! :blush:

6 Likes

I agree. Which is why I also requested for more gender-fluid clothes for those who are in-between their transitions or just cis-gender women who like baggy clothes.

4 Likes

Support!!

1 Like

suport!!

1 Like

Support

1 Like

Bump.