[FEATURE] Allow authors to have automatically approved overlays after a certain point

Hi,

As we all know, one of the biggest issues plaguing all of us as authors is the long wait time when it comes to having overlays and backgrounds approved for our chapters.

But - what if that could be helped? My suggestion is that after a certain amount of established reads, time spent & approved images, an author could unlock the ability to have their backgrounds and overlays be automatically approved, and reviewed later. Then, if something was really wrong (and it usually isn’t), the team would be able to take it down when they get to it later.

I understand that some people don’t always follow the guidelines when it comes to BGs and overlays, but this is almost never established authors who have been writing and uploading images for a long time.

A remedy is needed for this issue.
Like if you support!

Support!

SUPPORT!!

SUPPORT 100% girl!

omfg support - Ik I don’t even have a published story yet, but ahem there’s a reasons why
Views art catalogue with all my hundreds of pending approval requests

SUPPORT

Yes!!!

I understand your concern but that seems like a legal disaster.

Even if the overlay or background is up for a second, the copyright owners could sue the crap out of episode.

All authors make mistakes. Even those who play and write Episode the longest. Giving them such an option in my opinion isn’t good! Did you know that you can’t just upload the teddy bear found on google? Many are protected by manufacturers.

I guess that could be an issue…

If not just automatically allowing authors with a certain amount of reads to approve their own art, then maybe they could put something in place to make it go a little faster

I 100% understand that episode has hundreds of thousands of authors all trying to get their BGs and overlays approved, but maybe they could find a better way to manage it, not that I exactly know what their process is now but…:woman_shrugging:

Give your support :heart:

I don’t know any better way to solve this :weary:

YES. GURL. I might not have even published a story yet but this idea is FIRE. I hope the Episode team sees this~!

I don’t support. It’s a good idea BUT… Ok, first of all it’d be a problem because I feel like popular authors could use this as an opportunity to upload 18+ (or 18+ stuff- LIKE REALLY INAPPROPRIATE STUFF) (I feel like some popular authors- not all, would want to do this)
Also like @ZADDY said, it’s a copyright issue.

The episode team is hard at work, and yes, I think there needs to be more staff just dedicated to making sure overlays and backgrounds are getting through, but if this feature became a thing, inappropriate and copyrighted backgrounds would be out for weeks before the episode team sees it, but the author would already be in trouble if they put it in their story because 1. people would see that their background is copyrighted… A lot of people because they are “popular” authors… same goes for my other point.

they should at least shorten the wait though! it takes like 10 years for one overlay to be accepted!

SUPPORT :smile:

episode has a review team for a reason. they have a potential to get sued if they used copyrighted images- and they would’ve never gotten into a lawsuit or something if someone reviewed that background/overlay

I totally SUPPORT this, episode is kind of having issues on approving backgounds,maybe they’re focusing on something else and they don’t have so much time on approving, i see a lot of people still waiting for their backgrounds, i’m sorry for you all :sweat:

yeah i get that part but it takes too long. and especially if you’re trying to enter for a contest

yea even if it was reviewed later what would happen if it gets disapprove but the author already published?

bump !