FEATURE: Buying Gem outfits for money to use them in stories

I wish we were able to buy GEM outfits to use them in our own stories.

Not many will support my idea, but I hope Episode team hears me. :smiley:

I want to see in Portal: OUTFITS FOR SALE :smiley: I want a store in portal :smiley: Where we could buy gem outfits with real money and later we can use them in our stories. Available paying option must be PayPal :smiley:

19 Likes

It’s not a bad idea… :thinking:

2 Likes

I am pretty sure I made a forum about this a few years ago.

anyway I wish we could do that too. especially sicne we use real money on it. and it would make me buy a lot more of them

2 Likes

I can see how that would seem like a good idea, but then what incentive would they have to release assets for free? On top of buying gems and passes, not to mention sitting through their ads, you would have to pay them to make content for their platform that they would then be making more money off of.

1 Like

Gem outfits are never released for free :wink:

I’m talking about buying gem outfits not regular ones.

I know, what I’m saying is why would they keep releasing free assets if they know they could make money selling them?

2 Likes

It’s same thing what they do now :smiley::smiley: Why would they give us options for free outfits in featured story, if they could give them all just for gems. :woman_shrugging:t4:

That’s in stories and you can earn gems (obviously not as quickly as you can buy them but still it can be done), you’re taking about premium assets in the writer portal right?

Yup :muscle:

Episode is a freemium app, we subsidize not paying for gems or passes by sitting through ads so the company still makes money even if we’re not buying the add-ons, the writer’s portal doesn’t have ads but episode gets free content and keeps users engaged with the app which keeps eyes on ads and money rolling in. If a company knows it can make money where it previously wasn’t why wouldn’t they just stop free all together and make everything premium, if writing becomes part of revenue making game play what incentive do they have to keep anything free?

1 Like

You’re mixing apples and pears.
But this thread is not for discussions, but for support from those who think and wish the same.

I don’t want to flag anyone or to get the thread closed. :smiley::heart:

1 Like

I don’t want your thread taken down either, I also hate when people argue with suggestions and usually advocate for shutting up and just not supporting if you don’t like them. However this one seems misguided and short sighted, I get the appeal of having access to premium assets but I also see where that could lead and I thought I’d offer a different prospective.

3 Likes

OR! What if we bought Gem outfits and could use them on our mobile episode avatar at the very least!

5 Likes

The only problem with that, is that Gems outfits are exclusive and I think Episode can’t realease them for everyone by contract or something like that.

1 Like

I believe that’s only a case of contract stories, like Demi Lovato and Pitch Perfect.

1 Like

Yeah, I can def. get behind that idea. Sometimes, I’ll run out of outfit ideas and then I have to wait for the following week, but having Gem outfits for Episode story writers would be a really good idea and not just limiting it to Gem premium stories.

2 Likes

Support!
I wouldn’t mind if they had a catalog of outfits that can only be obtained by purchasing as long as they’d be reasonably priced, but I can see how that would annoy a lot of people, particularly those who may not have money for that.

3 Likes

Support!

1 Like

Support!

Support! This would be a great idea and I would definitely buy cute outfits instead of buying overpriced choices on the main episode stories.

1 Like