FEATURE: Delete Button for Stories!

VIOLENTLY RAISES HAND AND LEGS

I need this in my lifeā€¦ Count me in!

6 Likes

Support!!~ :gift_heart:

2 Likes

Episode, please do something about this!
I have a story I republished as a new story about a month ago, I put ā€œdeleted versionā€ in the title, explained everything in the description, hid it from my profile and it is still getting reads :confused:
Like I donā€™t want to steal the rank from someone elseā€¦

4 Likes

Thereā€™s not really a solution. You can prevent people from reading it by doing

label back

NARRATOR
Sorry! Thereā€™s a new version out. Please go read that one!

goto back

6 Likes

Thanks for the tip! Should I just keep copy-pasting this message in order to make it 400 lines?

This is kind of ridiculous, yesterday was not the first day when I got more reads on the ā€œdeletedā€ version than on the revised one. Just whyā€¦

2 Likes

just one time and maybe you can just out the first chapter of your story instead of spacing for 400 lines or pasting it for 400 lines

1 Like

Still waiting for this amazing update! We need it :wink:

4 Likes

Please make this a thing!

2 Likes

I feel your pain-I have a deleted story-it says donā€™t read, thereā€™s nothing there and itā€™s password locked, as well as the fanmail being off (plus itā€™s hidden from my profile). The cover even says ā€œdo NOT readā€ and the description clearly states there is NO story there. Yet, I had someone DM me, asking for the password. At first, I was confused, and thought they messaged the wrong person but after a little chat, they sent me a picture of my ā€œdonā€™t readā€ story saying they couldnā€™t access it. I was a bit upset as the answer of why they couldnā€™t access it is right in front of them, but I donā€™t wanna be rude, so I kindly told them that there is no story there, nothing in there. Despite how many donā€™t reads one has on a story, you bet the reads will increase, and even if you have a password lock or loop, you arenā€™t safe.

Anyway, this is the best feature Episode could introduce to us and this would make so many people happy-the app is awesome and I love it-seriously, having the delete button would be epic-fingers crossed itā€™s coming soon! :revolving_hearts:

10 Likes

Wow, I canā€™t believe someone even asked you for the password!
I also hope Episode will finally make this a thing, it just doesnā€™t feel right to get reads on a story we donā€™t like or donā€™t care about anymore, while some talented authors with amazing stories are supported only by a very few reads.

7 Likes

6 months later and we still neeeeeeed this

5 Likes

I would say years :smiley:

4 Likes

YAS pleeeeeeease!!! Support!! My OCD needs it!

2 Likes

Iā€™ve come back to this thread like 20 times over now. This sounds like a really simple update tbh?

4 Likes

you mean your perfectionism?

3 Likes

We need this :wink:

2 Likes

I swear there used to be one, but only if you donā€™t save the story in the first chapter.

We need this ā€“ I had to create a new gmail account because I had so many stories that needed to be deleted, and I hate the cluttered view of it on the portal & Creators Section.

6 Likes

@MissHaze ocd is a lot, lot more than just being neat

2 Likes

Hahaha yeah that too!! :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh I know that, and Iā€™m trying to overcome that and my perfectionist problems :grimacing:

2 Likes