FEATURE: Discover Section (New Stories!)

As everyone knows, it is extremely difficult for new stories from authors with no following to get reads. That’s why I suggest:

Episode discover will in general be a section added under the “User Stories” tab reserved especially for newer uploaded stories that week. In that way, instead of 2 or 3 of the newest published stories being buried under the Editor Picks and Trending within the Stories We Love section, stories have a better chance to be found and get more reads.

In which, the set up would include two main sections and a user-interactive interface.

Newest Stories:

This is pretty simple. Under this partition it would sort all the newest stories published that week starting by the newest at that time. To prevent over scrolling to the left, you would see three covers horizontally and two vertically when you first come on the section, and under which there would be a drop down box to scroll through that weeks newest published stories (vertically!) You can’t see it in my example, but in simplicity, the dimensions would be a 3 x however many stories published that week divided by three format (and with out using the drop down, 3x2 -width x height-)

This Week’s Voted Best:

This would be a good way to motivate readers to read new stories. By clicking the tab, the person would either scroll or type in the name of the story to narrow down the results and click on the story they nominate for This Week’s Best. The top five would be featured in this partition at the top the next week.

Example:

Please Bump and Support this post if you want to see it a part of the app! :pray:

54 Likes

New User Stories shelf?

3 Likes

Support all the way! It would be awesome if the section for New User Stories was more organized. Personally, I think it would be nice to see. Just yesterday, I decided to peek at the shelf, and the stories were kind of weird. One of them had a description that said “Do Not Read”, so I went to click on the i to see more information. Then I realized that the stories that show up on that shelf haven’t even been reviewed yet. Like why not showcase some newly reviewed stories under the shelf instead of ones that were just presented with no check?

4 Likes

I’m sorry but why are 96% of the stories on that shelf always weird with the worst directing in the history of Episode?

3 Likes

Support!!

2 Likes

That’s why “This Weeks Top Voted” would be the section at the top. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I haven’t really bothered to check it out because I kind of discovered where it was yesterday. Like I’ve heard of the shelf’s existence, but I never knew where it was. I kind of find it weird how it’s under the category for stories we love, but it hasn’t really been checked. I can kind of see why that one thread about new user stories on that shelf being pretty bad.

I would love to give a chance, but the fact it hasn’t been reviewed yet gives me pretty bad vibes.

2 Likes

It actually scares me. You wouldn’t believe the kind of stories I saw on that shelf.

1 Like

Support!!!

1 Like

I can only imagine what might be shown on there. So far though, the shelf today looks pretty decent. I haven’t went to check what’s inside the stories, but it looks interesting. I’ll read my first one today.

1 Like

I once saw a story about Adolf Hitler

2 Likes

This is exactly why stories should be reviewed before they go on the shelf.

3 Likes

Support!! :eyes:

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

Support!!

1 Like

Support and Bump

1 Like

Bumpity. :eyes:

Support!!!

1 Like