FEATURE: Expanded Donacode / More Programming Capabilities

Hi everybody! :penguin: I program in Java, if you care, and would like to see some expanded support of logic and some modifications that would allow us to have more control of the code within our stories and make our commands more succinct. :tada: :party_time:

KINDS OF CHANGES THIS ENTAILS

LOGIC

• Allow use of and, or, xor, and not. We could use these when using if/elif to help get the exact set of flags we want without nesting several layers of these commands, or using them to enable choices with a specific set of gains.
What on earth are those

For the sake of explanation, let’s have two booleans, a and b.
Booleans can have a value of either true or false.
Think of them like flags, where false is if they have occurred.

not
If we used “not a”, we would get the opposite value of a. (if a is true, not a is false and vice versa)

and
if both a and b are true, “a and b” is true. otherwise, it is false.

or
if either a or b is true, “a or b” is true. if both are false, it is false.

xor
if either a or b is true, BUT NOT BOTH, xor is true. otherwise, it is false.

MISCELLANY

• A random number generator, which could be used to set up random chances of certain events/reactions

GAINS

• Get the option to remove something that has been gained.

POINTS SYSTEM

• Allow a points sytems that is independent from characters–I hate creating random characters I will never use in order to track certain facets of the character.
  • Allow authors to print the number of points in a text bubble/reader message.
  • It could also be nice to multiply/divide points, so that characters who had a higher value would gain/lose more in relationships.

Like this post and comment your support if you also would like these changes! Additionally, if you can think of some other features that this would entail, comment them down below. Feel free to tag other people and try to get these kinds of changes implemented!

Thanks for reading, and I hope to get your support for these! :blob_hearts: :blob_hearts:

34 Likes

Support

2 Likes

Support

1 Like

bumping! :sparkles: :hibiscus:

1 Like

Support! I haven’t even considered the usefulness of random numbers! :smile:

I would also like the ability to have arrays of strings and setting them to a variable. This would make the code a lot more practical and concise for use-cases such as outfit mini-games.

Ex:

createArray ["LISA_party1", "LISA_party2", "LISA_party3"] as outfit_picker

Then you could use the index to get the value.

@LISA changes into outfit_picker[0]
@LISA changes into outfit_picker[random_number]
@LISA changes into outfit_picker[counter +1]

I would use this in my outfit games, for sifting through clothes with up and down UI elements, representing count +1 and count -1 respectively.

It would make this:

tappable "ARROW_UP" {
      if (CHARACTER_COUNT =1) {
         @LISA changes into LISA_party1 
         CHARACTER_COUNT +1
      } elif (CHARACTER_COUNT =2) {
      } else {
      }
 }

Into this:

tappable "ARROW_UP" {
     @LISA changes into outfit_picker[CHARACTER_COUNT +1] // Or CHARACTER_COUNT ++
}

SO much cleaner!

2 Likes

Bump and Support! :blob_hearts:

2 Likes

bump!

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

bump!

1 Like

Support !!! <3 :smile: I need this

Bump! :relaxed: :raised_hands:

I know this is old but SUPPORT! Love these ideas. I’ve wanted a RNG too!

Support!

I totally support this!

Support!

4 Likes

Support

1 Like

support

2 Likes

Support!

1 Like

Support.

1 Like