FEATURE: Layering Weather Effects

(I searched for a similar thread, but couldn’t find it, so if you know any threads with the same idea, please tell me)

So, unfortunately, we cannot layer weather effects which might be essential for some scenes.

We should be able to layer weather effects using this format:

EXT. OUTDOORS with CAR at layer 1 with effect HARD RAIN at layer 2

Thank you for your time and check out my other threads:

TIMED CHOICES :crown:

67 Likes

I support this and it would be a simple thing to implement. I didn’t even realise it wasn’t a thing tbh, but I would like it to happen :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

We need this!:sob:

2 Likes

bump

Bump! :grin:

3 Likes

Topic closed due to one month of inactivity. :wink:

bump

Bump!

Bump. But while that, here’s a thread I made, how to get this rain layered.

2 Likes

bump :blush:

I’ve wanted this for a looong time, so I’m bumping this. Sometimes (most often actually) you want the effect to happen behind the character.

SUPPORT

1 Like

DEFINITELY support!

Bump and support! :cloud_with_rain:

Support

I second this. :black_heart:

Bump!

So I was searching this up to see what people were saying about it, because I’ve seen people just use a still background of rain when the rain needs to be behind people, windows or doors, and then back to the rain weather effect when it’s in front of them… BUT (and I have a screen recording of it) in Matchmaker by @alexlight there’s a scene where the MC is looking out at the rain from the hospital room window while her ex Daniel is laying in a hospital bed reminiscing about how the rain reminds her of when they first met… AND THE RAIN IS MOVING JUST LIKE THE WEATHER EFFECT BEHIND THE WINDOW

1 Like

Here is a snippet of the rain weather effect being layered. So I would assume there is a way to do so. I’d really love for episode to share! :heart_eyes::crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4:

3 Likes