FEATURE: Layering Weather Effects

I second this. :black_heart:

Bump!

So I was searching this up to see what people were saying about it, because I’ve seen people just use a still background of rain when the rain needs to be behind people, windows or doors, and then back to the rain weather effect when it’s in front of them… BUT (and I have a screen recording of it) in Matchmaker by @alexlight there’s a scene where the MC is looking out at the rain from the hospital room window while her ex Daniel is laying in a hospital bed reminiscing about how the rain reminds her of when they first met… AND THE RAIN IS MOVING JUST LIKE THE WEATHER EFFECT BEHIND THE WINDOW

1 Like

Here is a snippet of the rain weather effect being layered. So I would assume there is a way to do so. I’d really love for episode to share! :heart_eyes::crossed_fingers:t4::crossed_fingers:t4:

3 Likes

Support :orange_heart:

Hello! Since I wrote and directed this scene, let me tell you how I did: the rain is not an effect, but rather an overlay on an infinite loop! I simply uploaded a transparent overlay of rain, and made it shift with an infinite loop to make it appear as if it’s moving/raining. Hope that helps! x

9 Likes

Thanks! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: and bomb job! Looks reeeeally good!

1 Like

Bump :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

SUPPORT!!! BUMP!!!

This is a complete sentence :roll_eyes:

1 Like

***SUPPORT!!! BUMP!!!***:smile:

1 Like

Bump!

Bump :two_hearts:

1 Like

Support!