FEATURE: Marking Cultural Assets

Even though we keep explaining, many authors unknowingly keep using cultural assets on their characters inappropriately. And so I think- why not ask Episode to put a small sign on the corner of cultural items’ frames in the art catalog to indicate that it’s a cultural asset? And if you point your mouse over this sign, you’ll see a notification that lets you know it’s a cultural asset?

I photoshopped this image from the portal to demonstrate:

This way, it’s basically impossible to ignore! It is very important to properly represent cultures and not misuse their assets. I’m seeing way too many people using cultural assets as fantasy clothing or just pretty jewelry and it’s very upsetting for people from those cultures to see them misused on the app.

The idea for this came from this thread:

100 Likes

Yes!! Support!!!

6 Likes

support!!

6 Likes

Support!!

5 Likes

As a Christian, I think the only religious item anybody can use is the silver metal cross. No one else’s religious item is as wide spread unless used correctly. So, if Episode do decide to do that the only one they wouldn’t have to mark is the silver metal crucifix. It’s a cross for Jesus who died to show true love and save all mankind – all people no matter gender, race, religion, or other. That’s what it symbolizes, so it’s fine that everyone can use this necklace because it’s literally for everybody.

I support this for the other items though, because that’s important so as to not offend.

28 Likes

Thank you :heart: :heart: I got DMs a few days ago on Instagram after talking about cultural assets from several people who said they were Christian and they hate to see the cross necklace used on non-religious characters. I guess it depends on the person, so just to be respectful, this item should definitely be marked as well. If people know this is a cultural symbol and believe it’s okay for them to use it, that’s up to them! :slight_smile:

8 Likes

:100: :raised_hands:t3:

2 Likes

Support!

3 Likes

Ah, I got ya. Yeah, some of us are die-hards :rofl:, but many of us don’t mind at all since Christian is about the love for everybody. So, I’m surprise some people have said that actually. Oh, well. I guess it can be marked. But I hope that doesn’t freak people out to not use it.

5 Likes

Support !!

2 Likes

Thank you for speaking up! SUPPORT!

2 Likes

Support!!!

2 Likes

I really don’t agree with this. I see a cross and automatically associate it with Christianity. So putting it on a character who is not Christian would actually minimize that character’s cultural/religious identity. Maybe a person who was raised Christian but is no longer observant might wear it for sentimental/cultural reasons, but someone who was not raised Christian really wouldn’t do that :purple_heart:

13 Likes

I support 100%:star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

2 Likes

Support!!

2 Likes

Support this!!!

2 Likes

Support!

2 Likes

Yep yep, support u_u

2 Likes

support!!!