FEATURE: Mature stories for 18+ for mature readers

YouTube isn’t 18+

2 Likes

No, but it’s 17+. Account holders need to be 18+, if you’re under 18 need parental consent. So same thing surely?

I’m sorry, I don’t understand? :frowning:

I don’t understand you, what do you mean by “app is still going to be treated as 18+ “

How can an app be treated?

There’s no way that restricted users can view hidden content! :smiley:

When I installed it I was under 17 at the time? I didn’t need consent?

Ah I’m sorry, I’m the worst at explaining things :see_no_evil:. Okay so when you publish an app, eg Episode, you have to be in guidelines of a certain age restriction. If your app has content on there that’s 18+ you have to publish it as an 18+ app. Does that make more sense? X

I’m pretty sure most people don’t go by the rules on there :joy: I definitely wasn’t 17 either, they don’t check!

I understand what you mean. But this has double meaning.
My explanation:
App stays 13 + because also readers above 18 are also 13 +.

And since users from 13 - 18 can’t see content which is for 18+, that means app stays 13+.

1 Like

Ah of course, I see what you mean. That would be ideal if that was the case and apps were allowed to do that!! Because it makes sense! Unfortunately I don’t think it’s allowed :frowning: which sucks.

But I’m with you all, if there was a way around it I’m all for it!

2 Likes

Well I get your point. I’m not sure about the law of apps :joy:

But I do know that kids grow up and that adults pay money.

2 Likes

@Sydney_H

Why was this merged?
It was just shoved at the bottom of an old topic so it can never see the light of day.
I understand if the topic is similar but this topic is old and my topic relates to the controversy happening now.
Now nobody will see my topic! :sob:

Lol Zaddy :smiley: Doesn’t matter if one thread is old. When someone writes post in it, it bumps to the top of the category.
Our suggestions were merged because we suggested same thing! :point_up: With different words but still the same. Let it stay that way. We both “fight” for same thing and we need all support to make this happen :heart:

(P.S: I’m glad someone is included in my thread, because it’s so hard for me to explain what I mean, and you explained it perfectly! :kissing_heart:)

I like mature fiction (I read a lot of trashy romance novels tbh). I don’t think a subscription fee is a great idea, though. I wouldn’t want to pay for it. Maybe a one-time fee per story, to unlock it and put it on my shelf, but monthly fees are 100% no-go for me. I don’t like subscriptions, like at all.

I don’t think they should charge at all, though. I do think a ratings system is a great idea, and I like the idea of allowing more mature stories, but only if there was some kind of quality control :joy:

I think a rating system in general is way overdue. Even if they never allow 18+ stories, it would be nice if we at least were able to categorize G, PG, and PG-13.

1 Like

This is my whole point :heart:

I’m just saying my topic was shoved to the bottom so unless someone scrolls through the entire thread they won’t see mine.

1 Like

We all read last comments. From top to bottom :heart:

While I kind of agree with the payment thing (like if part of the $2.99 went to the authors of said featured stories), but I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THE MATURE+/18+ FEATURE!! lets make it happen people1 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t think it will work even though I’m for it for users to create adult content without being banned.

The cringy part of it we get more gems like in my bed horrible writing and no plot.

No one would publish one. Who in their right mind will pay to read a mature user story? I wouldn’t make any because I know no one would read them

Like I said “only Episode featured Mature stories” could be payable !! Not users stories :woman_facepalming:t4: This way Episode would have another way to earn money.