FEATURE: More Body Shapes

Yess! Support! We need this!

1 Like

Yess! Support! We need this! And a bump!

2 Likes

1000% agree. I wish episode would do this soon. Everyone looks too perfect and I would love to write a story about body image and self-esteem.
I can’t do it fully until this happens.

4 Likes

SSSSSSSupport

3 Likes

I agree this is a much needed feature. That being said, I also understand why they haven’t yet implemented it (and may never do so).

Even if they were somehow able to keep the same animations for each body type without having to recode stuff, there would be the issue of clothing not being able to be used by everyone. It already takes a long time for them to release clothing for the male/female body types. Can you imagine how much longer it would take if they also had to make clothes for short, plus-size, one-legged, ect. characters too? While many of us would like to believe that it’s as simple as making the pregnancy outfits, it’s really not and has the potential to be seriously buggy and awful.

As much as I would like this (particularly to have a pre-puberty child body type) we all need to realize that this may not be something that’s feasible because this is an app that supports full-body animation (as opposed to Choices and other story apps that would have an easier time because they use still sprites that are only shown from the waist up).

I still think it’s okay to ask as long as people don’t get mad when Episode can’t deliver. I doubt it is a matter of purposeful refusal of diversity on their part. They may be trying to keep things practical and running smoothly. Would you prefer many body types with more infrequent clothing and feature updates and the potential for more bugs, or would you prefer faster releases of the many clothing, prop, and animation features already being requested? In an ideal world, we wouldn’t have to choose, but this is not an ideal world and we need to be practical about what the episode team can practically achieve and what that might cost us performance-wise with the app and the writers portal.

10 Likes

ANYONE WANT CHARACTERS WITH WHEELCHAIRS?!?! I KNOW I DO! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: FULL SUPPORT!

8 Likes

I definitely agree, there is many different body types. There should be sliders.

4 Likes

Support!

4 Likes

Yes! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Bump!

1 Like

Maybe they could add just a couple body shapes for each gender, at least for now. Maybe they could add plus-sized and child body types only so it wouldn’t be as difficult.

I get that it’s hard to do this, but it stinks that they don’t even try. They have a small art team though, but I think most people would prefer infrequent updates for big stuff like new body types instead of the frequent updates of little-bitty clothes and occasional glitch releases.

6 Likes

Absolutely! We have been asked time and time again to include diverse views and characters in our stories. That shouldn’t be limited to race, culture and sexuality but to body types too. I’ve read many stories in which the main character is meant to be a certain body type but due to the standard size can’t be changed and the story looses its effect.

3 Likes

BUMP! Like my character’s child who is still 7 has boobs!

5 Likes

Yes! I 100% support!

1 Like

Bump!

1 Like

Weight, curves, height, muscle, body types. I agree that height isnt a massive deal since placing and shrinking affects that but it also affecta the overall look because it doesnt make them look very proportional. I also think age should be a choice since children just look like tiny adults :joy: and male children have abs. There should be a baby option where you can actually see the child rather than seeing a blanket. The catagorize the rest of the ages eg. 1-3 3-6 6-8 9-13 ect. And for elderly wrinkles should be optional. I think small optional details such as freckles, birthmarks, scars/cuts, bruises etc would add to the story and may be helpful to follow the story eg if there are twins one could have a visible birth mark or a scratch to help you know which is which. If that makes sense?

7 Likes

support!!!

2 Likes

Need a better way to make characters shorter too

2 Likes

Bump :sparkles:

1 Like

I so agree! :smile: Like Fat Amy, in Pitch Perfect on Episode, we should at least be given different default characters with different heights, weights, etc.

5 Likes