FEATURE: More Eyeshapes For Asian Characters In Limelight

As of now (12/2/19) we have (arguably) 3 versions of monolids for female models and only 1 for male models.

In my opinion, it’s ridiculous there’s such a lack of options because not all monolids look the same. I’d even be satisfied with having at least 2 more options for males so it evens out with the female model. I’m simply tired of my Asian characters looking white-passing
or being limited to the same exact eye-shape because the options available aren’t inclusive enough.

(Disclaimer: I am fully aware not all Asian people have monolids but it’s, unfortunately, easier to grab people’s attention/familiarity with Asian than narrow it down to Southeast or Northeast.)

Edit/Update (6/29/20): Still no change to the assets, they did release a new nose so it doesn’t seem as if adding new eyes would be hard on the team.

Edit/Update (9/7/20): New eyes have been released but all have a visible double eyelid and while double eyelids are 100% common in Asia I still think we need more variation in the case of monolids for men AND women.

Edit/Update (4/15/21): We have a new monolid for men!

83 Likes

Support! I was just thinking about this the other day in character creation. Two of the monolids for the female body type are even the same, but one just has mascara. :disappointed:

9 Likes

support. I find it so hard to make asian charaters. I dont think they look asian

6 Likes

Support!

5 Likes

Support!

5 Likes

I support!

5 Likes

As an Asian who lives in an Asian community, support! All my Asian guy characters look the same and it’s infuriating :sneezing_face:

11 Likes

support

4 Likes

Support! :blob_sun: We desperately need this.

6 Likes

Support / bump!

4 Likes

Definitely more for male. 3+
For females, there should be a monolid that’s downturned. Upturned monolids are usually for China & Korea. +1

11 Likes

Support!

4 Likes

Support, and bump!

3 Likes

Support definitely way overdue

5 Likes

Support!!

4 Likes

Support!

3 Likes

Support!