FEATURE: More Fantasy Music 🎼

I’ve noticed we don’t have a huge selection of fantasy music on the app and what we do have is often tinged with modern sounds and instruments, so I’d like to request some new tracks perfect for any adventurer, knight, princess, etc. :woman_mage:

What I would personally love to see added:

• Battle music, both for epic fights and quiet training scenes, without anything that makes it sound too modern day.
  • Dancing music. For courts, for a fun moment by the campfire, and so on.
  • A fantasy tavern track.
  • Idle adventuring music.
  • And more!

If you would like to add what kinds of fantasy scenes you’d like to have music for or even give specific examples of songs you like, feel free to do so down below!

PowerlessAngelicDrafthorse-size_restricted

63 Likes

VBBMMMMBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBMBBRMRMRBMBLRRRRRRRBGLBLGBLGBL

Something like this?

11 Likes

I’d love more ethereal/magical sounding songs! But you really sort of covered what I want for scenic music.

Some instruments I’d really love to hear that would fit the theme:

• Hurdy Gurdy! Guys, this instrument was literally made for fantasy music! :heart_eyes: I know it’s hard to come by but eugh, a girl can dream.
  • Drums
  • Lyre (this is literally classic fantasy right here. I don’t think you can get more fantasy than this.)
  • Harp
  • Pan Flute
  • Violin
  • Cello

That’s just to name a few, but with all of this, you can create some awesome music!

Fantasy music we need you!!! I just need more fantasy things on Episode period.

14 Likes

Haunting! Thank you.

:heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Support!!! I just tell my readers to listen to a certain soundtrack.

3 Likes

It’s rough out here. :sob:

3 Likes

Yeah suspenseful music for fantasy is getting really boring, you need music for fantasy to set the mood.

5 Likes

Yes!!! Support!!! PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

5 Likes

support!!!

2 Likes

Support DEFINITELY

4 Likes

Yes, give Fantasy sound effects a chance Episode :fist:t2:

2 Likes

support

3 Likes

Thank you for this thread! Fantasy themed music in the portal is seriously lacking. :sleepy:

Sounds I’d love to see added:

• Classical/Opera

• Accordion/Mandolin/Percussion instruments could be used to make some pretty neat sounds pertaining to European folk-sounding music which can be used for dark/eerie (even tavern) scenes.

• Harp/Clarinet would be amazing for more somber scenes.

• Flutes/Strings

• Acoustic guitar

• Not necessarily exclusive to fantasy, but I’d love to see some music appropriate for ballroom/dance scenes!

Kevin Macleod is one of my favourite composers and he has so many fantasy themed sounds in his royalty-free library, I recommend him to everyone :musical_score:

10 Likes
Summary

https://youtu.be/OhBlUldq_-s?t=8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLy7If0X2yE

https://youtu.be/_9MxKvryIYs?t=2

A few of my favorite fantasy-esque music already on Portal, though I think music_showdown and music_spaceysomber work for the genre - just in a different or more spacey way. :milky_way:

8 Likes

Support! We need new music

2 Likes

i support this! i would love to write a fantasy story in the future so having better music for it would be great.

3 Likes

Bump before I accidentally forget. :musical_score:

4 Likes

support!!

2 Likes

I just want to add in my support for this again because I’m so unbelievably desperate for good fantasy music!!

4 Likes

Bump

2 Likes