FEATURE: More Romance Genres

Now, I know what you’re thinking…

“But there’s already sooooo many romance stories on the app!”

That’s exactly why I’m suggesting this. Right now, many authors purposefully put Romance stories into other genres in order to show up on “Trending.” It’s understandable- they want to get noticed.

But, this also means that stories that actually fit the Comedy/Action/Adventure etc. genre are buried. My idea, is for there to be mini-genres inside the Romance genre. This would be a way to prevent writers from putting their story in the wrong genre to trend on the app. Instead, the Romance section would be broken up, and more romance stories would appear in their proper genre.

Therefore, non-romance writer’s stories aren’t buried & romance writer’s stories are able to trend in the actual romance genre.

Some ideas for mini-genres…

• A Steamy Romance Mini-Genre
  • A Rom-Com Mini-Genre
  • A Young Adult Romance Mini-Genre
  • A Contemporary Romance Mini-Genre
  • A Magical Romance Mini-Genre

If you like this idea, please click the heart below and leave a reply!

Also just saying… if you want more genres on the app, you should check out this science-fiction thread as well

10 Likes

Bump!

YESSSSS! This would be amazing and so much easier when deciding what genre to put stories into :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart:

1 Like

this would be such a good idea especially to the small authors out there, i fully support! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Support

1 Like

:pleading_face: :pleading_face: support! :pleading_face: :pleading_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the support!

support!