FEATURE : New Catalog for community backgrounds and overlays

I observed many Authors are using backgrounds in episode from other sources( such as smg backgrounds or episode life.com). They have to be uploaded individually and approved . This obviously is taking alot of time.
I think it’s best if, Instead of searching, downloading, uploading in episode portal and waiting for approval, It would be better if the sources upload themselves in episode community catalogue, and users, once approved,can directly use from the portal.

Proper credit should be given to the authors

This saves a lot of time and effort for both authors and episode team .

Please LIKE AND COMMENT to get the thread noticed..

Thank you .

71 Likes

if you want i can make custimized backgrounds??? :grinning::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

I guess, if the thread gets enough attention, we can figure something out. I meant where episode can make a separate place where the community users can share their backgrounds and the backgrounds are approved anyway by episode. So, why not make it convenient to authors.

Proper guidelines and credits can be formulated to protect the interests.

3 Likes

Aww…:heart: Thank you so much for the offer, I am not writing any story yet. Just trying to help the fellow authors and make episode an easier experience.

Thanks for your support ! I really appreciate it. Please like to get it noticed :slight_smile:

1 Like

i can make you a custimized background if you want to???:grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

ok :grinning::grinning::grinning:

1 Like

ok

1 Like

:hugs: :heart:

It makes sense if the bg/ol editors want to contribute their work to the community and there is a way of properly crediting them.
Another reason why this might be useful is that many backgrounds by popular editors are uploaded by every single author and it probably takes up storage space. By creating a collection of community backgrounds, Episode could save space and also workload for the approval team.

In any case, I think that the backgrounds should be uploaded by their creators, which would be their explicit consent for other authors to use them.
Maybe the editors should add their names to the name of the background when they upload it to the community collection. For example: INT. FANTASTIC SCI-FI BEDROOM BY UWE - NIGHT :slight_smile:

I like this idea because it would give some recognition to the editors if done properly, and it would be transparent (which could prevent people from stealing someone else’s work).

10 Likes

Thank you for responding. It means a lot to me :slight_smile:

1 Like

It would be really cool if you could have the option to make your approved backgrounds and overlays public or not. Then have like a seperate thing for community backgrounds. A lot of us use backgrounds and overlays from the same sources anyways.
But I also understand how it may not be possible, it would mean the writing portal would have to be connected more like a social media than just a writing tool.
But if it’s without all the likes and comments and stuff it should be fine. Just as long as people have the choice on whether or not they want their overlay or background to be public or not. Some people, like myself, make custom backgrounds and overlays and still want credit for their work.

8 Likes

Agreed. Of course credit is to be given for the authors / editors. Your hard work have to be recognized and appreciated.

1 Like

Bumping!

Bump!

Topic closed due to one month of inactivity. :wink:

1 Like

I totally agree, but there should be an option if they want to keep their art/ ol/ bg private, or if they wanna send it out public, but obviously there should be a crediting system

2 Likes

Agree, measures should be taken to protect

2 Likes