FEATURE: New OR Command

Ok, now, I don’t know if this is actually possible or not, but I think it would be cool if there were an OR command. You could really potentially make use of chance in stories with this command, and potentially even more.

THESE ARE JUST VERY BASIC EXAMPLES

@CHARACTER walks to screen left OR CHARACTER walks to screen right

@CHARACTER is shocked OR CHARACTER is flirt_wink

And then maybe you could make it so that you gain a flag, or an if/elif/else or whatever depending on what ended up happening to create a unique experience.

Again, idk if this is even possible, but I figured it was worth a shot lmao

If you think this could be cool then you could show your support :heartpulse::heartpulse:

21 Likes

Support :new_moon_with_face::heartpulse:

1 Like

Support :star_struck::star_struck::star_struck:

1 Like

SUPPORT sf;kdfnzknv;nsdjnsjfhjfljeksfk;esgldkhvljvn

1 Like

Support :heart:

1 Like

Oh crap :joy: forgot to put this bUT support

1 Like

Support!

1 Like

support (if it’s possible lol)

1 Like

I could see it working like this.

After the command, you could automatically GAIN the option.
ex. @CHARACTER walks to screen left OR CHARACTER walks to screen right OR CHARACTER stands screen center
if (1) {
} elif (2) {
} else {
}
^ If it was chosen for the first option, they gain 1, gain 2 for 2 etc.

1 Like

you have my support though!

1 Like

SUPPORT kfnej

1 Like

Yessss Support! This could make branches so much easier and faster to code.

2 Likes

Support :sparkling_heart::gift_heart:

1 Like

I’m not quite sure if I understand it. How could the reader decide which way the character should go (in the “@CHAR walks to screen left OR CHAR walks to screen right” example). Is there supposed to be a choice? Is it supposed to be randomized…?

And how could you possibly code this? :thinking: I’ve seen @/Jahstoriess’ example, but still didn’t make much sense to me. I’d rather just use the if/elif/else by itself.

1 Like

support

1 Like

When using if/elif
Depends how you write the branching, you can read it as AND or as OR.

1 Like

support support Support

1 Like

That’s a really cool idea. Support.

1 Like

I agree totally with @ Problematic_Patrick :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I was thinking maybe it could work both ways. Like maybe if there is a minigame where u roll a dice it could randomly decide 1 OR 2 OR 3 etc. and maybe for choices it could be used as well :slight_smile:

1 Like