FEATURE: Notepad On The Portal

I’m often having to copy and paste things (such as bubble placement) and it would be convenient to have a small “notepad” (like a basic text window) to paste things that we need to have quickly at our disposal.

A notepad of sorts could be helpful in a lot of instances, and much easier than having to open up a note app on your computer.

65 Likes

Because it’s a lot easier having a separate line or 2 on the side of the portal to copy then having to go through a mess of code copying and copy from there?

I don’t sit there and arrange a bubble every time I need to just to have a separate line to copy. I go copy from the code but it’s more tedious that way.

2 Likes

support
Very cool idea and it would be so easy to implement. I don’t know why they haven’t already.

I’m sick of using Google Docs for my personal templates. :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Yess!

When I have two character’s speaking with speechbubble placement, it’s so tedious!

Support!
I have all of mine on OneNote, but it’s so annoying having to look through all of my notes for the right thing.

It would take nothing to implement it. Right now the only options are something like Google Docs, Pages (Mac), Word, or a notes app… or going through your script, finding what you need to copy and paste and doing it that way. It would be so much easier to have it on the side panel.

2 Likes

You could use sticky notes (like the program :joy:) :two_hearts::two_hearts:

1 Like

Don’t you have a notepad thing on your computer?

1 Like

Yes, I’m sure we all do, but it’s far easier to have it on the side panel of the portal without having to go to a different app to copy and paste things constantly. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Um…

K. Just keep it up while you write.

I do it when I need it. Just until if you get what you wanted from the episode team…

Or minimize the tab and make the notepad program a small window on the top corner or something and on the left a large window but minimize and shaped to show the smaller notepad window. you know what I’m saying?

1 Like

My computer doesn’t have the option to keep it up on the screen while I write. I have to constantly shift my focus from my writing to another app to copy and paste what I need. Having to CTRL (or CMD + tab) to get things to copy and paste can also kill one’s momentum.

I’m not sure what the aversion is to having them implement something so basic and simple. If you don’t want to use it you don’t have to, but it would be helpful to those of us that would find it truly beneficial.

:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I dont have any aversion to it, it is an OK thing to have. There are just alternatives. at least in my case. I’m sorry if that’s not the case for you. so…

1 Like

I wish I had an alternative but in my case, I haven’t found anything that would work with my Mac. There isn’t a split screen option or anything that allows an App to be kept on the side or corner of another app or browser. To access the web browser, all other apps will always be hidden, and vice versa when accessing a notes app.

1 Like

I meant like this:

1 Like

Thank you for the suggestion, but for me to click on to that notepad window, it would take me completely away from my web browser. I have many notes apps, but they can’t be used simultaneously without diverting from the task. I’m sure I’m not the only one in that situation.

2 Likes

bump :blush:

bump

1 Like

Because you might have to go to a different episode to find the code you want and then you have to search through just to find the right episode to find that you’ve got the stupid wrong one

bump

Bump