FEATURE: Option to decrease quality of Previewer on Writer's Portal

There should be an option to control the quality settings of the Episode Previewer on the writers portal (LOW QUALITY/MEDIUM QUALITY/HIGH QUALITY), just like they have in video games.

I’m currently using a Macbook Pro 2017. When the Episode previewer is enabled, my laptop fan runs really fast and my browser begins to lag, even if I don’t have any other programs open except for my browser (chrome/disabled extentions).

Perhaps being able to decrease the quality of the previewer would reduce CPU usage and will eliminate the lag.

I believe this feature would be beneficial also to people who are using older computing models.

18 Likes

Yes, please! I think this option would be beneficial to everyone.
More likely than not, I’m sure most authors have experience this lag due to having “too much coding” during a particular scene in their stories!

7 Likes

Support

3 Likes

Support

1 Like

Support!
(I have a new MacBook and it still the browser lags. Episode was one-off the main reasons I needed a new laptop!

3 Likes

Support!

1 Like

Support!

I have a MacBook Pro 2013 lol, which still works perfectly with everything else, but when I use the Web Previewer it starts going crazy after a few minutes

4 Likes

Support

Sorry to hear this is happening. This request will be added to the feature request list. Only thing I can recommend as a solution is using a different computer. Now a day’s companies seem to be making them with what seems to be the intentions of making them practically disposable after a few years. :sob:

6 Likes

I very much support this. I have a two month old MacBook Pro and it’s SO slow when I’m making scenes with more than ten people in it.

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, support. My computer is like an airplane taking off when I use it. It overheats real bad and froze a few times.

1 Like

I support this, I have the Macbook Air 2017 and this is one of the issues I have when writing on episode.

1 Like

support!

Support!

Bumping :eyes::eyes::eyes:

Agreed. My CPU fan goes into high gear when I start previewing.

bump’in

SUPPORT!!! :100:

SUPPORT!

I’m honestly considering coding on my ipad lmao :joy: :sob: my mac just overheats like crazy

Support!!!