** NOTICE: (07/09/18) This post has been updated/edited after recent discoveries with the current spotlight format working with Classic compatibility
When I originally created this suggestion, I was exploring and testing out the Writer’s Portal and I noticed that only the Ink and Limelight styles can be created in the current Spotlight format. We originally were aware that it could not be used for Classic for technical reasons, but thanks to @GamrrGuy, we discovered we can use the current feature for Classic as-well despite it not being displayed as an option for unknown reasons. This suggestion was originally intended to bring spotlight capability to the Classic style, which ahs proven to be capable. But I have adjusted this suggestion to expand it to all styles after the discovery!
So, what is this suggestion about, then?
My suggestion is to return the original spotlight format (not the current one) for all three styles: Classic, Ink, and Limelight, but with some changes/improvements as an alternative to the current spotlight:. Also, to make the Spotlight feature as an option when selecting Classic as it is compatiable.
Here is how it looked like back then:
According to many, this format was removed due to people using innapropiate avatars in these bubbles. Here are some of my ideas in order to change/improve that:
This suggestion is not to replace the current spotlight feature, but to create an alternative. Why? In my opinion:
- I feel that the current spotlight format is too choppy, while the old format is smoother and easy on the eyes.
- It will create an alternative for writers who want a simplified writing style without coding knowledge.
- It creates a fresh option for everyone to use; makes stories more unique.
- It will give it a more true spotlight feel. The current one is more of a blend between cinematic and spotlight, but the original is full on spotlight.
Secondly, why should Classic capability for the current Spotlight feature be made available as an option when you select Classic?
- Because Classic DOES work with Spotlight, but it isn’t an option when you select the style itself.
- Gives Classic stories an official option to use the current Spotlight; makes the styles more balanced.
- No known bugs proved yet. Even on the old forums, it was stated that the current Spotlight is compatible with Classic, so why isn’t it an official option?
- No harm in doing so.
If you want to give it a try, check out the story ‘The B-Team’. What do you guys think? Feel free to discuss this suggestion below.
Thanks in advance.