FEATURE: ORIGINAL Spotlight for ALL Styles + CURRENT Spotlight for Classic (Read Carefully)

Bumping this!

45 people have viewed and 5 people have liked the thread, but only one comment.

While I appreciate this, I’d appreciate it even more if you not only liked the first post, but also showed your support by posting below! :slight_smile: Also, the style that I showcased above still works in the app which is the original Spotlight format, it just isn’t available to make a story with.

Perhaps it can be recreated and also expand to all styles (Classic, Ink, and Limelight). I believe since Classic isn’t as popular, this suggestion isn’t getting as much support. So, how about this alternative (original) Spotlight for all styles? I think it can work - after all, it’s simply just using pictures/snapshots showing facial expressions and actions, right?

Here are some examples…

Instead of this style, they’ll be in Classic, Ink, and Limelight. In fact, this style could also be accessible (looks like a nice mixture of all styles).

Also, we should have the option to change the background colors of the avatars. I think this would be a lot nicer than the current Spotlight feature. Maybe we can make this style “Basic Spotlight” and the current one “Advanced Spotlight”. Basic Spotlight would be easier, while Advanced Spotlight would include animations and slightly more directing with that kind of thing. It can help new authors get started and give an additional option.

I’m not giving up on this suggestion that easily, so… what does everyone think? I have provided substantial evidence and reasoning for this proposal, so if you have an idea to contribute, please share below as well and show your support! I am more than willing to hear you out.

Thanks.

8 Likes