FEATURE: @overlay becomes PROP

So…I have an idea that I think would benefit us writers.
The commands;
@overlay OVERLAYNAMES becomes PROP

@add OVERLAYNAME to CHARACTER

@remove OVERLAYNAME from CHARACTER

@PROP OVERLAYNAME become overlay

What this would do is basically add our own way to upload our own props. We can upload Overlays and then with these commands we can turn them in to a prop. And of course we’d have to turn them back (or you could upload two of them or whatever).

These specific commands are kind of complicated but I’m sure Episode could come up with a different way to make this happen probably less complicated.

Ex. You could upload a hot dog overlay and turn it into a prop.

This feature should be available for Ink and Limelight as it is a coding command (plus I’m tired of my characters diet to just be pizza and cupcakes in Ink.)

Anyways ya, that’s my idea! :grin:

60 Likes

I dont think it would work that well. here is a few problems I see

1. overlays turning the wrong way. I mean the props barely turn the right way now

2. size. I have a lot of overlays there are giant and I have to scale down.

3. episode cant even figure out to add the same props for LL and INK. which I don’t understand why but its really annoying.

9 Likes

You can always scale it down BEFORE it becomes a prop. :woman_shrugging:

But @kaiden_doestuff, I support this 99%.

10 Likes

Thank you!

3 Likes

Well since it would become a prop it would have the same defects as the props we have now. But it’s being treated the same way as a prop would be.

Just scale it down before. It would take more time but it would be up to you if you really wanted it a prop.

Episode has made it very clear that they are done updating ink. But this command is a coding command and coding commands don’t matter whether it’s Ink or LL.

7 Likes

And characters too!

@add CHARACTERNAME to CHARACTER2

Wait what? Why would you want to add a Character to a Character? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: I’m a bit confused, please elaborate! :thinking:

5 Likes

So we can make characters carry other characters without all that confusing spot directing

3 Likes

Oh ummm, I don’t think that would work in this case. As the characters would just be added to the other characters hand…and if they walk they’ll be flung around…

5 Likes

Yeah you can use layers for that

3 Likes

Yeah

1 Like

Support!

2 Likes

Support

1 Like

Bump!

1 Like

Support !