FEATURE : Random Button to Create Characters (IMPLEMENTED 5/11/18)

Original Post by Happy_Love on the old Forums / / / 54 Likes <

This button would create a character with a random outfit, and a random name.

Like this post to Support it <

36 Likes

That would be helpful. I donā€™t exactly have a whole lot of time to make too many background characters for scenes.

2 Likes

I believe we have that already :thinking:

do we?

Something like that, yes.
If you, while writing a story, type in a character name, which is yet not created, after saving the chapter youā€™re prompted to create it. I believe thereā€™s an option to get a random one, but Iā€™m not quite sure. I never tested it! :heart: :heart: :heart:

3 Likes

to my knowledge the character is a default character.

3 Likes

A baby bump ~

You are right it is a default character when you do that, Iā€™m guessing your meaning a new random character thatā€™s not a default one right?

1 Like

Yes

Yes. I have seen that before. In fact, Iā€™ve found three ways to create random characters.

1. ā€œScript Templatesā€ in the Writer Portal (INK/CLASSIC). If you click on a script template, a random character can generate. That is only if you leave the option on ā€œINK/CLASSIC FE/MALEā€

2. Select the ā€œCharacterā€ button > New Character > type in a name w/out selecting a character> then, click ā€œCreate and Saveā€
    A random character will pop up.

3. Dialogue. If you write a dialogue under a name you hadnā€™t created a character for, you will see a window pop up that says, ā€œThere are no characters with this name. Would you like to create this character? ā€˜Yesā€™ or ā€˜No.ā€™ā€ Then, a random character pops up in the story.

At least, thatā€™s what I had learned so far.

1 Like

I know there is an auto - create feature, but personally I hate when authors use a default character for background. Plus, if I want to make like 15 plus people for a school background or something, having them look the same is going to be a pain. I would rather have a random button to create thier looks (and hopefully outfits)

2 Likes

Having a randomize button would definitely help create random background characters to give a story more life. Even though there is an auto-create feature, itā€™s the same character over and over. With so many options that Episode has to create a character with, there would be tons of distinct random characters in which people could place in the backgrounds of their story.

1 Like

bump ~

PLEASE I NEED THIS! I literally spent almost 2 hours making background charactersā€¦

kitten gif bump

I believe this was just implemented . . . woop woop, will close as soon as I try it lel

1 Like

@Jeremy - I call upon thee once again to finalize the close of thy thread with a gif

EDIT : Also low key it would be great if you could add (IMPLEMENTED 5/11/18) at the end of my title which I cannot do anymore tears

1 Like

/me does his topic closing dance

4 Likes